Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Yes, move Bacuna from a position he was doing very well in to a position he played poorly seems a bit crazy.

Lowton might have been good last season but he's been poor this one and there should be no sacred cows in the side, so to speak.

What i think people fail to realise is that everything takes time yet, still people don’t get it.

For example Hull today is a game you’d expect Aston Villa to win however, its an away game in the premier league so tough. So for all the games we expect to loose i.e Arsenal and City yet win, there will be games like today that we’ll lose and be expected to win.

Ups and downs like the rest of the premier league, just making sure there are more ups and avoid relegation.

Its the ridiculous overreaction that will happen IF we lose today.

Has to do something when we play the lesser teams and they restrict the space to restrict counters.. it just isn't working.

I do hope in Jan there is money for a "10" or atleast a loan deal for a creative player.

Anyway solid point but it doesn't the full story.

• Like 1

Has to do something when we play the lesser teams and they restrict the space to restrict counters.. it just isn't working.

I do hope in Jan there is money for a "10" or atleast a loan deal for a creative player.

Does he, does he really ?

We have no away games until November, so we can look at pretty much a years worth of away results going back to last October.

Played 18, Won 7,Drawn 6, and Lost 5 - the 5 we lost were to last seasons Top 4, Man U, Chelsea - twice , Man City, and Arsenal.

27 Points.  Our goal difference against all but the Top 4 .....+8.

Why would you think 'it just isn't working' against the 'lesser' teams ?

A very good set of stats if you ask me and with better home results easily Top 10.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

We have no away games until November, so we can look at pretty much a years worth of away results going back to last October.

Played 18, Won 7,Drawn 6, and Lost 5 - the 5 we lost were to last seasons Top 4, Man U, Chelsea - twice , Man City, and Arsenal.

A very good set of stats if you ask me and with better home results easily Top 10.

Why not take a decades worth of away results and tell me how they help with this season?And if your happy with a point from the Hull game,well,we better get some better home results.

you make a point and it does not surprise me, as we are essentially a team that get results away from home,when it is widely accepted that teams are generally stronger at home.

now do the same with the Home record...which is really where you want your strength to be ....fortress villa park and all that.

it might start to indicate where our weaknesses are....if we don't already know.

Why not take a decades worth of away results and tell me how they help with this season?And if your happy with a point from the Hull game,well,we better get some better home results.

Duh !

The Poster was talking about what PL needs to do with this Villa side. against the 'lesser' sides....

I am merely making the point that results pretty much stack u pwell against them.

Sorry if it doesn't fit your template of wanting something to complain about.

Edited by terrytini

Lambert has just said and I quote " Libor led the line great again. Some of his touches and link up play were fantastic"

Now surely this is just a manager wanting to avoid criticising his players in public like an anti di canio.

If it isn't and he genuinely thinks Kozak was fantastic then I'm lost for words

I think things would be different if he had received the backing to bring in a playmaker for 10m in the summer.

I don't blame Paul, he has done the best he can under the financial restrictions placed upon him.

I think things would be different if he had received the backing to bring in a playmaker for 10m in the summer.

I don't blame Paul, he has done the best he can under the financial restrictions placed upon him.

I agree

The fact that we are 9th having played 4 big teams is a big improvement on last season. At the same time he has done it having to trim the squad of big earners and find bargains.

He's doing a fine job but I don't mind questioning him at the same time as he has his faults

If you look at the bigger picture we are on track IMO

27 Points. Our goal difference against all but the Top 4 .....+8.

Can I ask why you have done away games? The previous poster said when teams restrict the space, which happens more when we are at home.