Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Ludicrously that peaks after every defeat and ebbs after every win. It is the knee jerk tantrums of the child in people wrapped up as clever, analytical, informed opinion, when it is none of those things.

Pretty much describes VT in a nutshell. No perspective. Perspective is just called excuses. One of the most misery forums I've ever seen.

So unless people agree with you they lack perspective?

There's not doubt after a full season and a pre season, if we had any quality we would be a improved football team. To me I see no real improvement from last season. Lambert is the only one to blame for this. Even though he don't have the budget, do we really believe Lambert thought he would still be struggling this season with this squad.

Are we still struggling though? At the moment it looks as if we'll be midtable/lower midtable this season.

Norwich although a win, to me was a struggle. Newcastle are not great, but we couldn't handle them. It just doesn't look like we have any chance against the big teams, an I know its early but to me inclusive of our home form, its not looking good!!

So? It was still a win.

I have to say I like our identity as a team right now.  Sure we are inconsistent and it is frustrating, but we always have a chance against the big boys.  These wins are so much more satisfying than the run of the mill 1-0 win over Hull or someone like that.

I believe he had a Claret coloured Polo logo on his Ralph jumper today, rather than the regular purple one. I don't even think you can buy them in that colourway, maybe he got his sponsorship.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Can I suggest a reason for the poor first half?

I think he tried changing to another formation, to counter not having Trekkers who drops deep and helps us on the ball. I also think the players know how to play with the beast and it took them time to find Kozak.

How it seemed to me..

Let's not all hail the tactics used today. I'm thrilled with the 3 points, but it could very easily have gone the other way.

Also, I feel he couild have made Some changes in the last 10 mini's to take the pace out of city's game.

Oh Well, 3 points in the bag is all that matters

Changed the tactics and got the result. It wasn't pretty and city probably should have scored more first half, but they all count so credit to Lambert for that.

Concerns about corners and the zonal marking and the fact that we have everyone back, which I think brings more pressure onto us.

Changed the tactics and got the result. It wasn't pretty and city probably should have scored more first half, but they all count so credit to Lambert for that.

Concerns about corners and the zonal marking and the fact that we have everyone back, which I think brings more pressure onto us.

Way I see today - a chance presented itself to win the game - and we took it. Full marks - I still don't like 5-3-2 -but worked today.

Turning point was when Man City subbed Nasri - who I thought was excellent (just the sort of player we need)