Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Agree with you on that but not many if any CL teams were prepared to meet our valuation of the player even after the season he had which would put us in the minority of one club who currently evaluates him as a CL player at the moment.

Agree with you on that but not many if any CL teams were prepared to meet our valuation of the player even after the season he had which would put us in the minority of one club who currently evaluates him as a CL player at the moment.

So? All that means is that no one was willing to meet our valuation last summer - it certainly doesn't mean he isn't good enough for a CL team because I think we all know he is comfortably good enough.

Weve had this discussion before. If we waited until everything was cast iron certaintity there wouldn't be much to discuss. I am basing my opinion of the summer signings on the fact that in the main - these players weren't pulling up any trees at there former clubs

A little unfair i'd say

Helenius second top scorer in his league

Kozak top scorer in a european competition for his team

Okore sought after by Chelsea who at the time were european champions

Steer young back up goalie

Tonev highly rated young player from Bulgaria

Bacuna many people's MOTM on Saturday

Well said-I second that & would add that they all have the opportunity to improve & kick on.

I'm not saying that they all will but I wouldn't mind betting that most will.

What do people want? Players to take an £80K a week pay cut, forget about the champions league & come & play for us because our fans demand it?

Part of the excitement for me is watching these lads develop & play without fear. Fan negativity can have an adverse affect on some lads aged 20/21 ish-Especially when coming to a new country & playing in such a tough league.

Get behind them guy FFS

• Like 3

We have an excellent keeper and front man (Benteke). Gabby can be very good on his day but he can also be very inconsistent. I would deem the rest of our 1st team at the moment at no better than average Premiership players.

You term world class as being CL standard and if that is the case how many teams playing regularly in the CL actually came in for the above named players? 

No-one expects us to attract top quality players at this moment in our transition but thats not to say we could still attract or purchase better quality than we currently have. We are too lightweight in midfield which is unbalanced and not dominant enough at the back and while its still too early to say for sure i'm not convinced that our current crop of players are going to be good enough to push us on.

I don't think it's relevant that nobody came in for Guzan or Benteke. I think most CL teams would still be very happy to have either if they were offered to them for free - but they don't have them at the moment and they probably know how much we value them.

You're right that our midfield is a bit lightweight in the middle, but I think after a few more games with Okore back we might have a bit more presence in defence. I think our current batch of players are enough to get us in the top half of the table and I think we can build from there with a few more really good players that will take us to the level beyond that.

Edited by Panto_Villan

6 games in.

Six.

We beat league leaders Arsenal on their own turf, were beaten by the referee at the bridge. Smashed a team we should smash in the cup, should have got something from Liverpool despite not being at our best. We were shit for the first time against Newcastle but bounced back immediately by grinding out a win (and a clean sheet) against Norwich.

Look at yourselves. Six games.

Patience is in short supply all round, it seems.

6 games in.

Six.

We beat league leaders Arsenal on their own turf, were beaten by the referee at the bridge. Smashed a team we should smash in the cup, should have got something from Liverpool despite not being at our best. We were shit for the first time against Newcastle but bounced back immediately by grinding out a win (and a clean sheet) against Norwich.

The home form in the prem is still a major concern....an away win as welcome as it may be doesn't rectify the home form.

Edited by TRO

so it seems...get behind the team when it loses and how can you complain when we win....basically you can never voice your opinion.

truth is yes you have to get behind the team irrespective of the score....but the performance at Norwich was mixed and the one against Newcastle was turgid, first half against Liverpool we had a football lesson, so come guys lets have a bit of perspective....and if you can't see we have a home problem, you're blind.

lets hope we can reverse that tonight.

6 games in.

Six.

The home form in the prem is still a major concern....an away win as welcome as it may be doesn't rectify the home form.

Thing is, people are moaning about the win at Norwich, which is just utterly bizarre.

• Like 2

Thing is, people are moaning about the win at Norwich, which is just utterly bizarre.

Not really, we were shit, just they were shitter. We were also shit vs Newcastle. 

Even Lambert couldn't muster his usual "I thought the lads were great today" speech. 

Look at the bigger picture if we play like we did against Norwich we'll lose most of our games this season. 

I do take into account what HH said about fitness/injuries however. That would go some way to explaining it. Norwich were not trying though, they've got real problems it would seem. 

Edited by supernova26

so it seems...get behind the team when it loses and how can you complain when we win....basically you can never voice your opinion.

truth is yes you have to get behind the team irrespective of the score....but the performance at Norwich was mixed and the one against Newcastle was turgid, first half against Liverpool we had a football lesson, so come guys lets have a bit of perspective....and if you can't see we have a home problem, you're blind.

lets hope we can reverse that tonight.

Voice opinions by all means but suerly only an idiot will cast opinions on players who have only played a couple of times for the club. Luna has gone from "world class" to "marginly better than Bennet" in 5 games.for example. We held out at Norwich - As the home side, chasing the game, you would expect them to put pressure on us which is what they did. This time last year, we would have probably conceded.

The team is moving in the right direction, A couple of the players are looking far more composed this time around & we should hopefully be able to play without the pressure that being on a loosing streak & the threat of relegation brings. We are not in a position yet where we will consistently be playing teams off the park every week. I do think we could aim to win more than we loose this season. In January of this year, would you have accepted that if were offered you for this season?

Not really, we were shit, just they were shitter. We were also shit vs Newcastle. 

Even Lambert couldn't muster his usual "I thought the lads were great today" speech. 

Look at the bigger picture if we play like we did against Norwich we'll lose most of our games this season. 

I do take into account what HH said about fitness/injuries however. That would go some way to explaining it. Norwich were not trying though, they've got real problems it would seem.

Are you for real? Pretty sure the second half was a back to the walls job for us. To say they weren't trying is just silly. We just got a bit of luck defensively which we've not had recently. 

So? All that means is that no one was willing to meet our valuation last summer - it certainly doesn't mean he isn't good enough for a CL team because I think we all know he is comfortably good enough.

The point is though that no other CL team thought he was good enough to pay our valuation and with escalating transfer fees, that i feel is a telling factor.

It may well be that CL teams want to see more of him before making the financial committment or, our perceived valuation of him is a little biased?