most embarrassing Villa defeat

Zatman

I would say the last couple of weeks has been some of the worst thing I have ever seen.

From a game where the chelsea deliberately tried to make every player on the team scoring and almost succeeding, to 4-0 again spurs and then crushed by wigan, then the bradford games. Pretty crazy, the first leg against bradford was a joke. 2nd leg was better but that is not saying much. What a joke. Even if we didnt have manager we should still be able to crush bradford ffs. 

To add a little something different to the mix from the answers given so far, from a personal perspective - 1-2 v Cov in Nov '99. My cousin had taken me to the game, as a 13 year old, and we were stood behind one of the goals. He let his mates know at the game I was a Villa fan, and although Big D scored in front of us and I kept shtum, they did not keep it a secret when Cov went in front. People were ruffling my hair, clapping me on the back, and generally having a right good laugh. Plus some blokes did say some pretty mean stuff to me :( I'd also been to the preceeding game at VP with my Cov supporting cousin, but in the Villa end, when they beat us 1-4. I would have given most anything for the ground to have opened up and gobbled me up on either occasion.

Edited by hogso

Blosers 3-0 Enckleman incident saw me put a hole through living room wall

Chelsea 8-0, never seen a game that should have been 15-0 before. Makes me dread our trips coming up to Arsenal and Manure, they could easily hit douvle figures if they're up for it.

Doncaster game doesnt seem embarrassing anymore after the showings of this season

Too many to choose from but far too many from this season :-

SHA 0-3 and 0-2. We also lost at home 0-3 in about 1986 which was bad

Forest 0-6

Doncaster 0-3

Chelsea 7-1 & 8-0

Wigan 0-3

Southampton 4-1 and 0-1

Spurs 0-4

Liverpool 5-0

Ci£y 5-0

Arsenal home 80's 0-5

City home 80's 0-5

The great 4-4 giveaways Leicester & Spurs

Trabzonspur home

Helsingbourgs home

Coventry 1-4 FA cup

I've seen Villa truly humbled in many games over the years, and apart from the 3-0 defeat to the scum, which still hurts today, I think all our previous hammerings have been surpassed by Mumbling McFuckwit this season. I fully expect us to achieve the first ever double digit defeat before McFuckwit finally gets the sack.

The 8-0 hammering by Chelsea will live in the memory for the scale of the defeat, the 4-0 to Spurs and 3-0 loss to to Wigan for the ease the opposition had to beat us, but to lose to a 4th division side over two legs puts McFuckwit in unchartered territory. Unless they disband the League Cup I still think people will be talking about this result in 100 years' time.

Edited by R.I.C.O.
  • Like 1

- The Helsingborg game was a dire dire affair.

- The Fulham FA Cup game in the late nineties has to be in there too as you have to couple the piss poor performance and result with all the Collymore bullshit.

Not a defeat but Deadly Doug's "accidentally" leaked shopping list was pretty embarrassing at the time too.

Chelsea 8-0, Wigan 3-0 (AT HOME FFS), Chelsea 7-1 (Carew's pen...), Liverpool 3-0, Man City 4-0 (Two of the poorest Villa Performances I'd seen.. Till this season), Bradford Home and Away, Rapid Vienna (both times, though the 2nd time was far worse).

It's been a shit 3 years.

that goal vs the shit :(  will always take some beating IMO

the 2 vienna games as well for me, was really looking forward to some away games again, nothing made of them but the defeats vs utd and liverpool at home and spurs away last year, this year we arent good enough, in those games we played for low scoring defeats

1990. Wimbledon at home. 0-3. John Gashnau hattrick.

There was big stakes on that game and Wimbledon were bottom of the league. I honestly believe if we had won that game, the last 20 years at Villa Park would have been significantly different...

Edited by MMFy
  • Like 1

Â