most embarrassing Villa defeat

Zatman

With all the negativity over this season especially with the Chelsea and Bradford game. What is people most embarrassing Villa performance?

for me we have had bad few years but will still take a lot to beat Doncaster away, that was a gutless game

There's a few that stick out in my memory.

3-0 to Doncaster

6-0 to Newcastle

2-0 to Spurs during mcLeish (not so much the scoreline, just the utter ineptness of the performance)

8-0 to Chelsea, obviously.

I would say Bradford, but I'd specify the first leg. I'm not embarassed by the second leg (although we obviously weren't great)

But the first leg was horrendous.

• Like 1

So many to remember.

Forest 6-0 at the City Ground in 86, could easlity have been double figures.

Doncaster 3-0 under DOL

Chelsea 7-1, and 8-0. Lightning striking twice in recent seasons making it doubly bad as my Wife likes Chelsea.

I have vague memory of Tony Woodcock sticking 5 past us at Villa park for Arsenal when I was a young lad, my first heavy defeat and only time I have cried at a football match.

David White scoring 4 for Man City at VP in a midweek night game.

I also have memory of John Aldridge and lower league Oxford doing us in a semi final of the League Cup.

Arrgh, I had forgotten some of those above especially the 3-0 at sha. That made me so angry, as everything went against us that night and it was horrible to see there jubilation at beating us. That kind of got put to bed thanks to the 5-1 at VP under MON, I had closure after that result. :)

I always hate losing to Spurs as I know a few Spurs fans, and they generally are the gobbiest bunch you will ever see, so to lose 4-0 recently was another kick in the teeth, also we took a beating 5-0 at WHL a few years back under DOL.

0-2 at home to SHA with Dublin and Gudjonsson (remember him? :huh: ) sent off was probably the worst, although I do remember Dion's headbutt on Savage with some pleasure.

I also vaguely remember losing 6-1 to the baggies in a cup match in the late 60s?

However, for me, having very recently had the pleasure of watching every minute of it live, 0-8 to Chelsea is probably the most humiliating.

In the future there are 2 things that will be brought up (like that bloody Ronnie Radford goal in the FA cup)

Villa's biggest defeat IN HISTORY and being knocked out of the semi final of a cup by 4th division team.

Both happened in recent weeks on Lamberts watch.

These are truly embarrasing.

3-0 at the sty. Losing three nil is bad enough when you've not played the fixture for 15 years. Losing three nil with a ball being thrown into the goal by your own player and the keeper standing like a lemon puts the icing on the cake. Time has not been a great healer for this one.

The battle of Celaya.

I may have misunderstood the thread.

From the wikipedia article on the Battle of Celaya:

"Villa had committed all his men to the attack and was unable to exploit any area of weakness"

This does sound like Villa at every match this season to be honest.

Â