Saints sack Adkins

roonst83

What a strange decision indeed, Atkins was doing alright. I don't think he got value for money in the transfer market, but his team were starting to show signs of revival.

I could understand if they appointed a manager with a lot of experience in keeping teams in the PL, but they've appointed a young manager with little experience and a mediocre CV.

And if he doesn't speak English then that seals it really. Could be great news for us, this guy has got to hit the ground running and all common sense would tell you that isn't likely to happen.

Saints fans not happy at all

They want the chairman out the first post i seen in one of them was

**** off you ****

Rumours circulating Coutinho is going there as their first signing to soften the blow the manager they appointed had him at Espanyol when he was there on loan

There's no doubt this was planned for weeks but it reflects very poorly on the board when the plan was so rigid as to be unable to take into account their recent run of good results where they're unbeaten in 5 games. Surely you shelve plans off the back of that. This will have a double-whammy on them now. Replacing a manager at a low ebb is one thing. But replacing a manager just as he's turning things around at a previously struggling club will be like a kick in the gut to the players. Added to that the replacing of him with someone who has no experience in England and a poor record in Spain makes zero sense. This is going to f*ck Southampton's season up and go a long way to helping us with ours.

For whatever reason, Adkins' neck has been quite publically on the block since before they kicked a ball this season. Despite consecutive promotions there seemed to be something not quite right between the board and the manager. I think there was obviously something going on in the background that we're not aware of. This untimely sacking basically tells me they've been waiting for the first (what they would call) justifiable opportunity in which to get rid of someone they either don't like or struggled to work with.

He does speak some English. Apparently he said to the press conference in English "I am very happy to be here in this amazing weather. It happened quickly, small details are not important, it's important I'm here at this project and club."

Ha ha, wonder who wrote that load of bollocks for him? Someone who thinks Southampton have a "project".

Â