Rating and Reactions: Villa 0-3 Wigan

limpid

I think Lamert is incredibly stubborn, he'll stick with this formation and his 'give young ones a chance' mantra no matter what.

If he does he will end up resigning as villa park won't take much more of this crap

That was shite.

I've had enough of this bollocks now, paying good money to watch utter **** crap.

Chelsea, ok.

Spurs, maybe.

Wigan? At home? Not **** acceptable.

Well, it's bad.

I don't see any point changing the manager at this stage - if you look at the squad of players that are there then I don't think we're going to be able to do much more with them than we're doing - there simply isn't the quality.

I'd prefer four at the back now please - but the manager appears nervous about doing that until he's got Vlaar back. Today we were massively exposed by Ireland's inability to support Lichaj and Wigan picked on it all through the first half. We're just too easy to open up and teams are playing through us.

Bannan is our best defensive midfielder.

That isn't a positive.

Bannan and Westwood together seem to work pretty well - I think we need to be starting those two and playing someone behind them, for me that should either be the hustle and bustle of Herd or Clark in front of Baker and Vlaar.

Ultimately, we need players all over the pitch but mostly for me in between the little midfielders and the centrebacks we need a great big, defensive midfielder who makes it difficult for teams to dance through the middle of our defence - I'm sick of seeing that.

I thought Weimann did okay today, he chased everything and got into some good positions, Bowery showed he's got something even if he's currently half a step behind the game and Benteke showed that if you get tight to him you can render him completely ineffectual.

Bannan was the best of our midfielders, Ireland was poor and Holman isn't good enough on a good day.

Bennett could be a decent left back in a team that are already defensively sound, Lowton is a decent right back, but not so good elsewhere, Clark makes me increasingly unsure and Guzan was a little off today.

Not good enough and we need to do something about it and soon because we look like a team heading for only one place.

Oh and it hardly seems to matter today, but I feel I should point out that Franco Di Santo is a whining little bitch.

Great analysis OBE. Pretty much agree with everything there, especially the need for a big **** in the middle - we're crying out for someone who can impose himself physically in the middle of the park. However, finding a player like this who also has technique is a difficult task, especially on a limited budget. I'd be very surprised if Lambert didn't have one or two targets lined up for that area, though.

Great analysis OBE. Pretty much agree with everything there, especially the need for a big **** in the middle - we're crying out for someone who can impose himself physically in the middle of the park. However, finding a player like this who also has technique is a difficult task, especially on a limited budget. I'd be very surprised if Lambert didn't have one or two targets lined up for that area, though.

I agree, it was a very good summary.

In particular, I don't understand why we're not playing someone in the Petrov position, behind Bannan and Westwood. But you don't have to be big to impose yourself.

That was shite.

I've had enough of this bollocks now, paying good money to watch utter **** crap.

Chelsea, ok.

Spurs, maybe.

Wigan? At home? Not **** acceptable.

Completely agree, its cost me and missus £75 today, plus the £80 against spurs. £155 on watching that absolute shit

Still think there's nothing to worry about? :lol:

**** off.

Honestly, some of you are **** pathetic. Who the **** gloats about this kind of shit? More interested in **** point scoring.

Edited by Mantis

**** off.

Honestly, some of you are **** pathetic. Who the **** gloats about this kind of shit? More interested in **** point scoring.

Nobody is trying score points Mantis. We all bleed claret and blue. Just that some of us started bleeding sooner. If you are genuinely worried then we must be in a mess.

Nobody is trying score points Mantis. We all bleed claret and blue. Just that some of us started bleeding sooner. If you are genuinely worried then we must be in a mess.

No I'm pissed off with people like you and these snide remarks. If I make a negative prediction and it turns out to be wrong then by all means take the piss, but when I say "I'm not worried" and then something happens to make me worried don't start with this shit.

I've never understood why people get pleasure from attacking other posters when optimistic predictions or statements turn out to be wrong or unfounded. You just don't do it.

Edited by Mantis

No I'm pissed off with people like you and these snide remarks. If I make a negative prediction and it turns out to be wrong then by all means take the piss, but when I say "I'm not worried" and then something happens to make me worried don't start with this shit.

I've never understood why people get pleasure from attacking other posters when optimistic predictions or statements turn out to be wrong or unfounded. You just don't do it.

I have tried to offer you an 'Olive Branch' on this thread and on other threads but you seem determined to swear and get irate. We all have a bit of banter and we all have counter arguments.

Let's agree to disagree on some things but agree that we both want what is best for AVFC.

Edited by pacbuddies

I have tried to offer you an 'Olive Branch' on this thread and on other threads but you seem determined to swear and get irate. We all have a bit of banter and we all have counter arguments.

Let's agree to disagree on some things but agree that we both want what is best for AVFC.

I'm irate because it's a completely inappropriate bit of "banter". You'd think that after such a terrible result and performance the last thing anyone would want to do is engage in such pathetic, nasty and petty point scoring.

I tend to think that whether you post optimistically or pessimistically you shouldn't have your post attacked. Not nice when someone gloats when your predictions are wrong Mantis is it?

I'm irate because it's a completely inappropriate bit of "banter". You'd think that after such a terrible result and performance the last thing anyone would want to do is engage in such pathetic, nasty and petty point scoring.

Calm down. I am not going to be nice to you all night. If you prefer me to be obnoxious and point score I will. Otherwise let's call a truce and focus on the mess that is currently AVFC.

Â