Rating and Reactions: Villa 0-3 Wigan

limpid

Just back from VP.

Well, what a FREAK result that was. I never expected that.

Every goal that Wigan scored FREAKED me out but I consoled myself each time that it was merely a FREAK. It was a really FREAK result at the end and we are clearly making progress as could be so clearly evidenced by the great performance put in by the team.

Jeez, I hope I don't sit anywhere near you in VP.

It was a load of rubbish from start to finish, after Lambert bought on the 3 subs our effort got better BUT it was way too late by then.

What I cant get over is that we only had 40% possesion AT HOME and against WIGAN ?! FFS if Wigan can put us under that much pressure then we are in bigger trouble than I thought we were.

Was just watching the third goal again on MOTD and wondering why so many posters list Lowton as one of our better players. He was brushed aside like a 12 year old boy and then just stood watching. Woeful defending - he is not up to competing at premier league level and neither is Bennett and we will do no good until Lambert recognises this.

Just back from VP.

Well, what a FREAK result that was. I never expected that.

Every goal that Wigan scored FREAKED me out but I consoled myself each time that it was merely a FREAK. It was a really FREAK result at the end and we are clearly making progress as could be so clearly evidenced by the great performance put in by the team.

This is a joke right?..

Either way i'll have 20quids worth of whatever that is!..

• Like 1

This is a joke right?..

Either way i'll have 20quids worth of whatever that is!..

It's pacbuddies' trademark sarcastic post. It's so hilarious that I think he does is every day in every thread, just to lighten the mood.

Was just watching the third goal again on MOTD and wondering why so many posters list Lowton as one of our better players. He was brushed aside like a 12 year old boy and then just stood watching. Woeful defending - he is not up to competing at premier league level and neither is Bennett and we will do no good until Lambert recognises this.

Lowton is good at right back, just too weak in the centre. Why you have lumped Bennett in with him, I don't know. Bennett is very good going forward and has made a few decent tackles to make me think he could be a half decent player.

I think we just need to go back to 442 with Ron Vlaar! Then we'll be, as Lambert says, fine.

Haha hit a nerve? not allowed to bet against my team now. If I can get odds of 4\1 and I know how Godawful we've been its a smart thing to do.

I was fuckd off for the 3rd game running. Id much rather have 3 points than a few quid u doughnut.

I just don't believe in betting against the Villa. No doubt you've already laid down a wager on us going down.

Just find it ironic given your Vtalk name is 'BleedClaretAndBlue' that you're happy making money out of our misery

Dear Mr Lambert and Mr Lerner

Please buy two quality midfielders in January. I know we have more problems and it's not as simple as that. But we need players in the midfield who support the forwards and defence. Who link the team. Who can tackle their opponents.

Thanks in advance.

Mr Eight Pints.

I just don't believe in betting against the Villa. No doubt you've already laid down a wager on us going down.

Just find it ironic given your Vtalk name is 'BleedClaretAndBlue' that you're happy making money out of our misery

You obviously cant read, I just explained my reason. Where did I say I was happy? Had to put up with a joke of a week around my pals and at work. Being pissed off with paper in my pocket beats just being pissed off, like you are fella

The defence get zero protection from the midfield though? This stupid 352 is an embarrassment he surely has to change the plan for Swansea and onwards

Agree with that, Our defence is weak principally because 3 of our 4 centre backs are injured BUT they get no protection from the midfield. Having no injuries would help but it does not solve the bigger problem.

You obviously cant read, I just explained my reason. Where did I say I was happy? Had to put up with a joke of a week around my pals and at work. Being pissed off with paper in my pocket beats just being pissed off, like you are fella

I bet on Villa going down last season like many fans. I was mighty glad I lost my money but what I would have won would have paid for my two season tickets in the Championship so I saw it as a win win.

Awful is all I can say. It's been such a dissapointing season so far. I'm not sure what Lambert's plan is, or how he thinks he's going to fix this. If plan A doesn't work let's go back to plan A.

We lack experience and commitment we have no leaders.

Who are these young players looking to? The only experienced players we have are on the bench or out of the squad. I'm all for give youth a chance but this is ridiculous.

I think it's time we change as many as possible. 15 goals in 3 games is disgraceful.

Our defending is ridiculous. Guzan needs to take control but his lack of experience is telling, the better keepers lead from the back and he's not doing that. He's making up for poor form with one or two top saves, which probably makes him seem our best player, but it's not good enough, not with such an inexperienced backline.

We're are driving towards a cliff, and there's nobody at the wheel to turn it around.

Bring in all the experienced players we have left, and let them try to lead us out of this mess, it will probably improve us and to be honest, 15 goals in 3 games, it really can't get any worse than that.

No excuses, each one of them is incompetent and all deserve a kick up the backside and a dock of wages

Edited by KobiV

I can read mate, and I can read between the lines too. For you to feel the need to state how you're making on our losses is clear you're happy in doing so. Otherwise, I'm not sure why you'd feel the need to mention it. We've all had a shit few weeks from our mates taking the piss, and making any money on us losing wont stop that happening, and if that makes you feel better getting a few quid from that then that's your choice. But in my opinion, for someone who claims to 'BleedClaretAndBlue' I'm surprised that that's the case.

But I'm not into having a slanging match about it, just my view.

Â