Rating and Reactions: Villa 0-3 Wigan

limpid

Clown shoes!

Sacking Lambert would do us no favours at all in my opinion though. Who the **** would want the job for starters?! We need some experienced heads in that side now, and Randy has got to hang the wage structure, and pay what it costs, otherwise he needs to sell up and **** off!

Bowery looked pretty good when he came on, Guzan couldn't do much about the goals I saw (2-0 and 3-0), Why EL Ahmadi came on instead of Westwood/Carruthers I don't know.... He's shit... 0.o I'll back the manager to the hilt as we don't need another new manager "again" we need stability and we NEED 4-5 quality players that can bring us through games, I don't care where they come from and Don't care if they are called Osama Bin Laden, we need quality players in ASAP!!!! Ireland can **** off with his dogshite, Lichaj is very very very crap and what's happened to Benteke?? can we have the player from 3 games ago please???

VTiD

We won't beat Swansea playing like this, we won't beat Newcastle playing like this, we may beat Bradford but only because they are in League 2.. I don't see where our next 3 points are coming from and that concerns me.

Shite Christmas, poor result today but a team obviously shot of confidence after the Chelsea hammering which has set this all off and games coming thick and fast with not much time to work on the players, given their age that is what they need most, time between games.

No doubt the calls for lambert's head will now come from many, like we need another new manager. That is one of the reasons why we are in trouble. That and Lerner being useless the last three years.

We have the right manager, results are not good but lambert is the man for us. Needs backing big style in january

Richard,

I agree with alot of your sentiment but Lambert is to blame for this. We has set the formation up from in the last three games and it has cost us royally. Teams have been given too much space to press us down the wings because of the 532 formation. We got lucky in ways against Liverpool and more tactically aware managers have tore us a part. He started with the wrong formation/players today and didn't do anything about it until we were 3-0 down.

With confidance being so low you don't set out with three attacking midfielders that in front of a defense that has conceded 12 goals in two games.

Today it should have been 442 and with the players available

--------------Guzan-------------

LichajLowtonClarkBennet

AlbrightonHerdBannanHolman

-----WeimannBenteke-------

He needs to accept the blame and get it right.

Three games ago Liverpool fans were eyeing up Lambert for their awful club. Three games.

A lot can change in a short time.

Times like these it's good to have an owner who's just sold something for a billion dollars (no matter how little he might have spent in recent years).

Can we please wait until at least the end of January before we dismiss both Lambert and Lerner? Those who do so now could end up looking quite foolish. In fact I hope they do!

Clown shoes!

Sacking Lambert would do us no favours at all in my opinion though. Who the **** would want the job for starters?! We need some experienced heads in that side now, and Randy has got to hang the wage structure, and pay what it costs, otherwise he needs to sell up and **** off!

likey like like

The only silver living to this is that we drastically need investment in January (if it wasn't already painfully obvious). The only thing.. where the **** are we going to get players that will drag us out of this mess?!?!

Again I made money on my misery, stuck 25 bar on Wigan because I could see today a mile off.

Players are not good enough its simple. We are so so lucky that January is 2 days away and our nostrils are just about above water. If Lerner does not back Lambert in a major way I can see there being attempts made on his life, pitchforks, the lot.

I think the fans have been massively patient with Lambert all things considered! The guy has had 20 million to spend to be fair...any criticism is justified when you lose 8-0 0-4 0-3 I mean that must be a top flight record for any team let alone Villa! 15 unanswered goals in 3 games. We need players back and defenders, that Lichaj is beyond shit - send him to Blackpool or something.

As I predicted, we looked scared when we got run at. The 352 wasn't working at all and should have gone 442, half Time at the latest. Ireland can **** off as he has no value to the club.

The most significant result today may well have been Stoke vs Southampton. Need Soton to go on dropping points and them, Reading and QPR to remain even more poor than we are because if we go on playing like this we have no hope of saving ourselves.

This is Lambert's team and his tactics so why does he deserve the fans' backing?

We looked even worse to me in the first hour of the game than we did against Chelsea and Spurs.

Plaudits to whoever stuck with it for the full match.

I hoped and really thought that we would come out and win this one and, most of all, that we would look like we cared.

The side may have had their confidence crushed in the previous two games but the least they can do is try and it didn't look they did for large parts of the game that I saw.

It looked like Benteke, Ireland and Holman (particularly surprised at the last named) almost rooted to the spot on several occasions in the first half when we lost the ball.

We've got to put in a performance soon as this kind of run could quickly turn from three hapless defeats in to half a dozen and we simply cannot afford that to happen.

Â