Rating and Reactions: Villa 0-3 Wigan

limpid

I tend to think that whether you post optimistically or pessimistically you shouldn't have your post attacked. Not nice when someone gloats when your predictions are wrong Mantis is it?

It doesn't really matter if it's a negative prediction that's gone wrong. That means Villa have done well and everyone is happy.

Doing the opposite is completely different. If you ever make a positive prediction that turns out to be wrong I will never make fun of it because that's such a cuntish thing to do.

Calm down. I am not going to be nice to you all night. If you prefer me to be obnoxious and point score I will. Otherwise let's call a truce and focus on the mess that is currently AVFC.

I'd rather you just not even talk to me at all if you're going to make nasty attacks. Edited by Mantis

It doesn't really matter if it's a negative prediction that's gone wrong. That means Villa have done well and everyone is happy.

Doing the opposite is completely different. If you ever make a positive prediction that turns out to be wrong I will never make fun of it because that's such a cuntish thing to do.

I'd rather you just not even talk to me at all if you're going to make nasty attacks.

You really are hard work!

Very poor today and as such it is hard to give any player a rating.

What i will say though is that this 5-3-2 needs dropping. I know when he first adopted it we managed to pick up some decent results, Norwich in the cup and Liverpool but looking at those games a midfield was just as poor and over run as it has been since Xmas, the only difference in those games were that our inexperienced backline managed to scrap us through while we nicked goals on the counter. It was only so long we could rely on those sort of performance before it went wrong.

I'm not calling for his head but I've seen nothing from Paul Lambert to suggest we are going anywhere as a club. This is actually worse than last season. In fact, in each of the last 3 seasons I have this is the lowest point in my Villa supporting life. Just when you think it can't get worse, it does.

For what it's worth I thought our best player was either Weimann or Lowton with a decent cameo off Bowery

Worst ? Take your pick - Ireland , Lichaj, herd , Benteke , Holman , Clark , Albrighton , Bennett all **** shite

Lambert got it tactically wrong today. Sure we had some dodgy performances too, but what really killed us was the 5-3-2.

We have one fit centre-half at the club, who isn't exactly a seasoned veteran. Playing two players out of position alongside him just meant they all had a terrible game.

Our wingbacks are not Roberto Carlos and Dani Alves. They are not good enough to be our only threat out wide, or be so exposed by our formation.

None of our midfielders looked like they knew what their role was, and therefore on a number of occassions none of them offered adequate support to our frontline.

Our strikers were isolated and ineffective.

I'm not saying that Lambert should go, but it does worry me that he has persevered with this tactic in light of our injuries and also by how long he took to change things today. If we don't improve our form soon, we're very much at risk of being relegated. I think Lambert was as good a candidate as any we could have hired in the summer, but I can't think of many games where he's recorded a real tactical victory over an opposing team so far in his time here.

• Like 1

Imagine McLeish's defensive tactics with Benteke firing like he has done...we'd be about 4th!

Not a fan of McLeish, but I think it's right to put forward the point that he was in a much better position than this, even with his defensive football.

Imagine McLeish's defensive tactics with Benteke firing like he has done...we'd be about 4th!

Not a fan of McLeish, but I think it's right to put forward the point that he was in a much better position than this, even with his defensive football.

Wish people would stop going on about McShit if I'm honest. Just because we're shit yet again this season doesn't make McLeish less shit. It's just revisionism.

I'm not calling for his head but I've seen nothing from Paul Lambert to suggest we are going anywhere as a club. This is actually worse than last season. In fact, in each of the last 3 seasons I have this is the lowest point in my Villa supporting life. Just when you think it can't get worse, it does.

The lowest points over the last 2 seasons, home defeats to sunderland, wolves, wba, being pathetically inept at Liverpool away, losing to bolton at home last season via that night, I honestly thought we had gone. Today, let alone the last 7 days are new lows compared to that.

Wish people would stop going on about McShit if I'm honest. Just because we're shit yet again this season doesn't make McLeish less shit. It's just revisionism.

But Mantis, we aren't shit. We are making progress and the recent 3 heavy defeats were all FREAK results.

There, do you prefer it if I am obnoxious?

Last chance, truce and pull in the same direction?

But Mantis, we aren't shit. We are making progress and the recent 3 heavy defeats were all FREAK results.

There, do you prefer it if I am obnoxious?

Last chance, truce and pull in the same direction?

What did I just say? Stop with the nasty attacks or **** off and don't talk to me.

I'm actually starting to wonder whether a part of you actually enjoys it when stuff like this happens, just so you can be a prick to people.

Edited by Mantis

What did I just say? Stop with the nasty attacks or **** off and don't talk to me.

I'm actually starting to wonder whether a part of you actually enjoys it when stuff like this happens, just so you can be a prick to people.

Have you had a sense of humour transplant or what?

Yes, you have sussed me out. I really like it when we get stuffed on a regular basis especially by teams like Wigan. It makes taking the piss so much easier!

Get real, it hurts, it really hurts!

I am trying, if you haven't worked it out already (and I have given enough chances) to make a truce with you.

Have you had a sense of humour transplant or what?

Yes, you have sussed me out. I really like it when we get stuffed on a regular basis especially by teams like Wigan. It makes taking the piss so much easier!

Get real, it hurts, it really hurts!

I am trying, if you haven't worked it out already (and I have given enough chances) to make a truce with you.

What humour? You're just being a prick.

Truce? How about just **** off and not talking to me?

Well we gave up at 80 minutes and headed for the exit. It was one of the worst performances i have ever witnessed by a Villa team. We were outsmarted and out played by Wigan. I can live with losing to Chelsea and Spurs but not by those margins but Wigan for FFS. All they did was do the simple things correctly like passing to their own player something we failed to do time and time again. Our confidence is completely shot and for me a least we looked in trouble the minute they scored. Could anyone really see us coming from behind?

I will cut Lambert some slack in that we are crippled with injuries something Villa hating cocks like Pat Murphy gloss over when purring about how well Wigan played. For the record they did not play well, they just did their jobs something we utterly failed to do. The problem with Lambert is that his formations and tactics have been completely sussed by the opposition manager and he seems MON style incapable of adapting and changing.

The last three games have ruthlessly exposed the shortcomings of some of our players. In no particular order:

The worst:

Lichaj - all over the shop today, out of position most of time and crap going forward. He is 24 FFS so hardly a kid, time to move him on.

Herd - useless at centre back and an accident waiting to happen. I like his attitude but not much else.

Ireland - a luxury player who follows five minutes of effort with ten minutes of laziness. He has vision but is a liability in our current side.

Could do better:

Holman - I just wish his end product matched his effort.

KEA - is he a Premiership player? Really?

Albrighton - Can he take a decent corner? Can he consistently cross? The jury is out I think.

OK but mostly had poor games today

Benteke - no service and wasted what he had.

Bowery - liked his effort but little service.

Weimann - no service but ran and ran, liked his style. Squandered the chances he had

Lowton - played OK but had little support.

Bennett - I like him but again overun with little support, make some poor calls

Clark - needs a proper CB next to him and it showed today.

Guzan - I feel genuinely sorry for him with some of the clowns in front of him.

Bannan - probably our best player and seemed to take on most of the defensive duties in midfield which is really saying something.

I still think Lambert is the best manager for us but he needs to abandon, a least partially, this obsession with younger players. We need another experienced CB, and one probably two defensive midfielders plus probably a wide player who can put a decent cross in.

Over to you Randy before its too late.

Lambert got it tactically wrong today. Sure we had some dodgy performances too, but what really killed us was the 5-3-2.

We have one fit centre-half at the club, who isn't exactly a seasoned veteran. Playing two players out of position alongside him just meant they all had a terrible game.

Our wingbacks are not Roberto Carlos and Dani Alves. They are not good enough to be our only threat out wide, or be so exposed by our formation.

None of our midfielders looked like they knew what their role was, and therefore on a number of occassions none of them offered adequate support to our frontline.

Our strikers were isolated and ineffective.

I'm not saying that Lambert should go, but it does worry me that he has persevered with this tactic in light of our injuries and also by how long he took to change things today. If we don't improve our form soon, we're very much at risk of being relegated. I think Lambert was as good a candidate as any we could have hired in the summer, but I can't think of many games where he's recorded a real tactical victory over an opposing team so far in his time here.

I'd agree with all of that. Good post.

What humour? You're just being a prick.

Truce? How about just **** off and not talking to me?

Okay Mantis. It is quite clear from your bad language and continuing need to call me a 'prick' that you are not someone that can have a sensible and contrary debate without resorting to 'spoilt child' posting and insults to anyone that disagrees with you.

You have thrown your dummy out of the pram because you have been proven to be wrong and you can't handle it.

No wonder Morpheus and others are constantly having to post and repost to you because you just do not have the mental ability to accept anything that does not fall into your sphere of belief.

I have tried my last try with you. From this moment forward I will just jump on your every mistake (and you make quite a few). Ignore me if you want. I really don't care any more.

Â