Doctor Who

mikeyp102

• 11 months later...

necrothread

Just to say my nipper's been watching a bit of the filming of the 2016 Christmas episode.

Cast and crew have all been really really nice lovely people. Security moving people to better viewing places, crew advising people what days what characters were going to be around. When Capaldi was on set he spent an age with a small group of them making sure they all got whatever selfies they wanted and even hung around for people to check they'd all come out ok and gave a couple of the kids a second go once they calmed down and realised the photo they had was rubbish.

Truly impressed with the attitude.

Can't vouch for the actual programme, but full marks for effort with a handful of fans.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

So, the 13th Doctor is announced this Sunday.

I've just been called sexist because I don't want a female doctor. I also said it would be great to have a series following a female timelord, with a huge backstory already in place.

But I am sexist. 

Anybody here want a female doctor? I'd stop watching if it was. I also think if it was the other way (female > male) there would be uproar. 

4 minutes ago, DK82 said:

So, the 13th Doctor is announced this Sunday.

I've just been called sexist because I don't want a female doctor. I also said it would be great to have a series following a female timelord, with a huge backstory already in place.

But I am sexist. 

Anybody here want a female doctor? I'd stop watching if it was. I also think if it was the other way (female > male) there would be uproar. 

Completely agree. It wouldn't work. It only just worked with missy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Kris Marshall was rumoured to be he favourite?

I haven't watched any Capaldi ones, how was he?

Capaldi was brilliant and the series just finished was the best in a long time.

Dr Who strikes me as one of the few 'iconic characters' that you could do more or less anything with and it still be in character. Because the point is surely that each character is THE character, and their own interpretation of the character.

Female doctor? Fine.
Non-white? Fine.

They might end up being crap, or great, interpretations of the character, but not because of whatever form they take.

But I say that as a non-fan of Dr Who. Which is one of the few geek culture things I've never 'got'. I look at other stuff and I might not like it, but I get why people do. Dr Who? Eh... no. I'd like to. But I never do.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Kris Marshall was rumoured to be he favourite?

I haven't watched any Capaldi ones, how was he?

Personally I didn't think he was much cop. For me he over played it. Not helped by relatively poor stories which for me were never fully told or completed 

On 14/07/2017 at 19:45, snowychap said:

Wouldn't have a problem with it.

Me neither. Don't see why the doc must be male and white.  You're in kipper territory there  ....

It should also be noted that doctor Who is not human, but an alien, and as such can surely be played by whoever the hell the producers want, male, female or other worldly. 

Edited by Jon

I used to love Tom Baker as Dr Who, I remember Saturday or Sunday mornings I'd get up at 5am to watch it on UKGold.

Out of the new ones I like David Tennant but I stopped watching shortly after he left.

I don't think the Dr needs to be white at all but for me they do need to be male, a female Dr just wouldn't work.

Â