Doctor Who

mikeyp102

I tell you what Czechlad the BBC are right buggers for that!  If you watch any BBC programme but don't watch it live you cannot go anywhere near their twitter feeds or the main BBC page because they like to have it all as their headlines.  Surely they realise that a lot of people don't watch things live now a days!

• Like 1

I've not watched Dr Who since the days of Tom Baker but watched it last week mainly as my boy was watching it and also to have a perv at Jenna Coleman

I thought last week was quite a decent effort ... Then they ruined it with this weeks show which was just pants ... They just took the award from Hudson Hawk for worse hamming it up by an on screen villain

• Like 1

I thought last Saturday was the best performance this series by Capaldi although the episode (specifically the conclusion to the Cyberman issue) was pretty pants.

I spent a fabulous weekend in Cardiff with my daughter at the exhibition and would recommend it to any Whovian. 

Its no surprise that a great actor is great in the role....I thought the episode itself was clichéd, predictable and overall pretty terrible. 

They've riffed on the "good Cyberman" before since the reboot. 

For me, the best episodes are the one off mysteries and the new stuff like the Weeping Angels. I'd love to see Capaldi get his teeth into them that would be brilliant. I'm sort of over the Daleks and the Cybermen, they've done those storylines to death and its a bit silly now. 

• Like 3

I really liked the idea of Missy being the master, but yes, the final was a bit of a disappointment. I hated how it ended. It felt like just another episode. I also didn't like how they wrote Clara off because they really didn't right her off at all.

Oh well. I am just excited to see who the new companion will be. Hopefully someone a bit older like early to mid 30s. I don't think Capaldi needs a young companion. 

• 1 month later...

So I thought Clara was being written off the show? What changed? I remember reading that this series was meant to be her last, but now she will be around for the next series. I am starting to re-like clara though. She no longer is being annoying towards the doctor. So this is going to be her 3rd series as a companion. Impressive.

I thought the Christmas special was really quite good.

Thought the Xmas episode was weak - a poor mans Inception meets Alien (they even referenced it)

The Christmas episodes are getting a bit boring now as well - how many ways can we shoehorn a winter theme into an episode - a far cry from the David Morrisey one or the Crazy Red Spider beast one.

If we absolutely HAVE to have Dr Who on Christmas Day why not show a series finale? Rather than a one off special where Father Christmas is real. 

What's worse for me is that Capaldi is so very good as the Doctor, a fantastic piece of casting but Moffat is beginning to drop the ball with the writing and story quality. 

Edited by Eames

• 6 months later...

Probably another boring series with zero chemistry between the doctor and Coleman.

I wish the show would just fully commit to being darker and scarier. They chose a Doctor who would suit the mean non-caring role so well, but they are going for the grinch that turns good story with him. It's frustrating to see them squander something with so much potential. 

Probably another boring series with zero chemistry between the doctor and Coleman.

I wish the show would just fully commit to being darker and scarier. They chose a Doctor who would suit the mean non-caring role so well, but they are going for the grinch that turns good story with him. It's frustrating to see them squander something with so much potential. 

It's almost like they're aiming the show at kids or something ... ;)

• Like 1

Â