Doctor Who

mikeyp102

Film franchises and "graphic novels" (spit) have already **** ed up enough kids' comics in the rush to pander to the semi-literate short attention spans of adults who can't grow up. Please don't do it to a perfectly harmless show like Doctor Who.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Seems all to predictable. Doctor messes up in the beginning, realises his actions effect other people, other people get hurt, doctor comes up with crazy plan, then saves the day. Repeat for 10 more episodes till he doesn't save the day and clara dies. That is the series. 

No way Clara is actually dead right from the start. They wouldn't kill off a major character just like that. They always build up a death and make it last nearly the whole episode. I am sure there will be some plot twist like Scaro (whatever his name is) was really saving the doctor or something like that. 

Last episode was fantastic. Every series has 1-2 episodes that are pretty good. Interesting how they are doing two parter episodes though. 

I like the 2 part episodes means they can build more of a story line rather than trying to cram in an explanation with 5 minutes to go

• Like 1

Series 8 has been pretty good so far. I wonder how much longer the show will run for. 

As long as it gets decent ratings internationally, it'll make money for the BBC...

Didn't they confirmed that the doctor can't regenerate again, but he used part of his regen in the 2nd episode? I think the next companion is going to make or break the show. Unless it's someone who will keep the audience interested, the show is done. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Hmmm the whole series has been very meh for me.

Really? For me it's been easily the most consistently well written series since the one with John Simm as The Master.

I think Capaldi has been fantastic and the two-episode format has worked well to give the stories room to breath.

• Like 1

It was a good series in my opinion, but I am getting less and less excited for episodes just because it feels like the same thing every single week. I am kind of getting tired of someone dying, then a loophole bringing them back. It makes their death less meaningful. 

I did like how the doctor lost his memories of Clara though. That was a nice twist. I really didn't get the finale though. Didn't seem like much of a finale. In the Smith era the finales felt like finales. You could see all the previous 11-12 episodes being wrapped up and making sense in the finale. Like there was always some underlining theme in each episode that was building up until the final episode. I kind of miss that. 

Next series is going to make or break the show I believe. It all depends on who is the next companion. 

I am a bit excited for the christmas special though. Capaldi is actually around the age of River so they seem like they can work well together. 

Â