Doctor Who

mikeyp102

33 minutes ago, limpid said:

There has been at least one female dalek. Cybermen are made out of humans of either sex. Daleks are made out of jelly.

33 minutes ago, limpid said:

Daleks are made out of jelly.

What flavour? 

• Like 1

I will treat it the same as every time they change cast, watch the first couple and see if it's any good. I don't really like capaldi (although he grew on me a little over his time as the dr) and may not have bothered last time if it hadn't been for Jenna Coleman carrying on her role.

New female doctor with new companion at the same time is a big jump though, might have been better if they still had someone like Karen Gillan & Arthur Darvill tagging along to ease into things.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, limpid said:

There has been at least one female dalek. Cybermen are made out of humans of either sex. Daleks are made out of jelly.

Lol so I was sooo close !

I totally get that there is no real logically arguable reason why not a woman, and as you point out there are all sorts in there.

Ive got a great model dakek kit with the New York Dakeks opened up revealing their slimy selves and will pop a mini bra and panties on them and stop being so blinkered.

• 1 year later...

I actually did sort of watch it (half watching) although I don’t watch the show as a rule, I have seen one or two of the “new doctor” episodes.

It was fine, some humorous bits, I found myself thinking some of the cinematography looked great. The theme tune sounded quite retro which I enjoyed.

Jodie Whittaker was very good, as most would have already guessed. 

Like I say, it’s not really my thing and I won’t likely be keeping up with it. But if you like Doctor Who I expect this incarnation will be as well received as previous series.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

It was certainly the most Yorkshire episode ever. 

I mentioned to a Sheffield Utd supporting mate that it showed a glimpse of Bramall Lane, and he said "Oh, is time travel into the future, where we win the Champions' League?" 

I said "Don't be ridiculous. This is Doctor Who, not some implausible fantasy". 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 2

I find the location spotting on these things fascinating. As you say, a real mix of places but all spliced together to look like they’ve jogged around the corner of a building. An aerial shot of Sheffield, from which they pull up outside a Cardiff police station and jog around the corner to an industrial estate in Swansea. Makes you realise how much continuity is needed whilst keeping the weather and the lighting and the hair all similar enough not to see the joins.

For what its worth, I thought it was a good effort. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a kids sci fi programme. But there was lots of running around, a bit of jeopardy, a cheat got caught cheating so there was morality, plus a good toothy faced alien to give the little kids a decent nightmare.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed it. Post-regeneration episodes are often tricky, I think only the Matt Smith/Karen Gillan episode was a truly excellent example of a new Doctor intro. But overall it wasn't bad at all,and I think it bodes well for the rest of series, especially when Jodie's Doctor settles into her character properly and gets past the 'slighty channeling Peter Capaldi' thing.

• Like 2

Second episode was pretty decent. 

Whittaker bringing through her own take. 

Considering they said no more story arcs, the arc has already been started with the alien race. Obviously the big thing though is the Timeless Child. Is that going to be a child of the doctors or someone that has been left behind and the doctors memory wiped of it?

• 1 month later...

I realised I'd never really watched an episode of Doctor Who in my life, so I thought I'd give it a go a few weeks back.

I'm watching the new series as well as watching from the start of the reboot (I don't know how to refer to it, the ones with Billie Piper.) I'm also watching a few 60s and 70s episodes I've found online. I'm enjoying it but It doesn't feel like the same show at all, it's like I'm watching 3 different programmes.

Anyway, I've just got to the one with Peter Kay in and I wanted to throw my TV out the window.

It's enjoyable enough but generally always has been. There are a few crappy episodes but most are an entertaining way to pass 45 minutes or so. The comment above about watching 3 different shows is perfectly valid as completely changing the whole cast every couple of years does take a bit of getting used to.

Still not convinced that is really feels like dr who with this current lot but it isn't as bad as i feared it could have been, Bradley Walsh is surprisingly good but the rest of them are a bit wooden and couldn't care less if they died a horrible fiery death which is not something i would normally feel with the previous companions.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
Â