U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 02/03/2020 at 19:02, villakram said:

Yup, heard it referred to as Trump's Katrina earlier this morning, lot's of potential in that one.

Sanders is 78 & had a heart attack a few month ago, If i was him i wouldn't be shaking too many peoples hands whilst out campaigning

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, maqroll said:

An hour waiting in line and they run out of ballots!

Do you live in a black or latino neighborhood?   Do they even have those in Maine?  They're not supposed to be disenfranchising white males!!   Oh, wait.   You must live in a liberal area.   Still fits with the plan, then.

11 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Do you live in a black or latino neighborhood?   Do they even have those in Maine?  They're not supposed to be disenfranchising white males!!   Oh, wait.   You must live in a liberal area.   Still fits with the plan, then.

Funnily enough, the unofficial Latin neighborhood in Portland is where my polling place is. That said, 90% of the people voting were white. The staff there said turnout has been historic and the polling places are overwhelmed. So, while a 2 hour wait time is inconvenient, it is great to see the reason why. Higher turnout everywhere means Trump is finished.

Edited by maqroll

12 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I'll be surprised Sanders doesn't win Portland. 

20 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Sanders is 78 & had a heart attack a few month ago, If i was him i wouldn't be shaking too many peoples hands whilst out campaigning

I suspect this may have already been discussed in the campaign. Hope it has.

55 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I suspect this may have already been discussed in the campaign. Hope it has.

I guess it should probably apply to all/most of them too really, Not exactly a bunch of spring chickens are they as Bloomberg is also 78 & Biden 77, Hell Elizabeth Warren is practically a baby at 70 & Trump is nearly 74.

Not really the best people to be heading out on an arduous campaign trail where they surround themselves with hundreds/thousands of potentially infectious strangers every few hours & i'm not really sure the pressures & stress that go with that job (or pretty much any job) are a good idea for anyone in their 80's

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I guess it should probably apply to all/most of them too really, Not exactly a bunch of spring chickens are they as Bloomberg is also 78 & Biden 77, Hell Elizabeth Warren is practically a baby at 70 & Trump is nearly 74.

Not really the best people to be heading out on an arduous campaign trail where they surround themselves with hundreds/thousands of potentially infectious strangers every few hours & i'm not really sure the pressures & stress that go with that job (or pretty much any job) are a good idea for anyone in their 80's

agree.. I'm p***** off that our realistic candidates are all in their older 70s and mostly white men. 

Big turnout to vote for Biden. It makes a bit of a mockery of those commentators who were saying he should just give up and hand it to Sanders after the Nevada caucuses. 

Turns out the voters of Ohio and Nevada didn’t seem to represent the current reality of the Democratic Party. 

6 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Bloomberg suspends his campaign. 

Just $11m dollars spent to get each of his 44 delegates. 

It’s funny but on the other hand his adds were more general “anti Trump” messaging so if that inspires votes to get out and vote against Trump on the big day it will have served some purpose at least. 

I am actually surprised how quickly Biden rose up the ranks. If Buttigieg and Kloubuchar didn't drop out, I think Bernie's lead would have basically named him the democratic nominee today. 

I dislike a lot of the stuff I read on twitter and reddit saying the DNC is rigging the election again. No they are not. The candidates don't want Bernie so they made the logical choice to rally behind one candidate. That isn't rigging an election. They just want their guy to win. 

• Thanks 1

Word this morning that youth vote simply didn't turn out for Bernie/or in the numbers expected. We'll see once further analysis takes place. Warren was briefing that she intends to hang around as she believes that she'll be able to help out at the convention. In other words, she wants to stay on the good side of the corporate wing and not help Sanders.

The neo-liberals march on. Sad.

Â