U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, villakram said:

I get that people don't like Trump, but so much of this reads like what certain folks were saying about Obama when Sandy hit. It is funny mind!

Never mind Sandy, the ones I like are the tweets from Trump supporters in the last couple of days criticising Obama for not doing more in response to Katrina.  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, peterms said:

Never mind Sandy, the ones I like are the tweets from Trump supporters in the last couple of days criticising Obama for not doing more in response to Katrina.  :)

Obama is responsible for everything in their mind. It's interesting right now as there is a non-negligible group of people who want Obama to take a more prominent public role, given the leadership vacuum in the democratic party (in contravention of the accepted "rule" regarding past presidents). Oh, the hyper-ventilating from the Trumpians/Republicans would be glorious, but in reality quite strange as suggested by easter above.

Edited by villakram
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, peterms said:

I try to avoid her but your quote sent me along to her twitter page where there's this gem amongst her complaints about a speech Trump has just given:

No Muslims - not no people from seven mainly muslim countries *for 90 days whilst we sort out 'extreme vetting'* or anything like that. Just: No Muslims.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

Quick update:

My sister was rescued by a man on an air boat. They were able to make it to my parents home. We ended up going back to their home to retrieve some belongings, but we had to take a kayak to get to their front door. The house is fine. 

I drove around yesterday with my fiancee and we saw a lot of the terrible flooding first hand. It felt like I was driving above an ocean, but it was just streets that were terribly flooded. 

We saw a man being rescued from his truck. Since the roads are covered in water, it's difficult to see where the roads actually are. The man drove into a ditch, and his truck nose dived in. He was taking on water very quickly, so a man in his jeep drove up to save him, but the jeep then proceeded to get stuck as well. They needed a boat to get them out. 

There is a mandatory curfew here because of looters. We can't be out when the sunsets. There is no gasoline in houston. I had to drive way out of the city to refuel my car, and apparently I was lucky to even find gas there. 

It's all surreal. I came to houston for a vacation, and could have ended up stranded. 

• Like 2

On 29/08/2017 at 09:38, choffer said:

Whilst in no way do I wish to make light of your predicament, the fact that you've a 20-strong hen party in the house takes the edge off my sympathies ;)

And a male stripper who is seriously analysing his career choices.

7 minutes ago, villakram said:

Freshly minted cat 3 Irma has the US in it's sights, currently out in the mid-Atlantic. Murphy's law...

I feel like someone has read this and been triggered from a deep hypnosis and is now activated as a sleeper agent for some international ne'er do well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 31/08/2017 at 02:40, Villaphan04 said:

I was just about to post this. I'm just amazed that in this day and age, some people believe that "climate change" is not real. 

She started well in the 1st line,  really strong to give her some credit.

She kinda fell away badly in line 2 and totally crashed in line 3.

The perils of free-style thinking and untapped logic right there. I think.

Without proper training and education it can go very wrong as we can see by this fine example from "Ann".  

I am not sure "Ann" knows what's real and not currently.  One of her earlier tweets proclaimed "Save USA",  is this a call to arms within the medium to long term savers within mainland America to increase their monthly contributions to both their pension funds and building society accounts or is it a 3rd person reference to a penalty save in "Soccer" by the current USA goalkeeper,  we can only guess at this stage.

It appears to me that some people in the states just make up what they want to believe and then if it suits them, try and spread it via social media. 

Very dangerous platform in the wrong hands.  I mean, look.. We've got Trump as president ffs. 

• Like 1

Can Trump really survive all this? Are 40% of Americans really that dumb?

It's like every day now, a new revelation about Trump / Russia, For a man that said he had absolutely no ties with Russia, his organisation has now been discovered to have had meetings with at least FOUR different Russian banks, TWO of which aren't even transparently owed by someone else, they are Russian Government owned. They were going to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, would anyone believe Trump knew nothing about that? There are records of an aide boasting that he'll get the deal done with Putin and bring home the election for Trump too...

Then there's the original draft of the Comey firing letter, which has completely different reasons for his firing, which just about proves the obstruction of justice claim there, there's also another obstruction claim about Sheffif Joe with Trump trying to interfere in that way before he pardoned him (even the pardon breaks protocol)

They also think the testimony of the bloke that commissioned the original dossier may be released to the public sometime soon, that in itself could be dynamite

Â