U.S. Politics

maqroll

18 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

(I had a dream about the storm last night,  I lived there & my house was made of wood but it detached from the ground and floated,  is this from a book or something,  Dahl??:-))

Were you accompanied by a rather large collection of animals, in gender-balanced pairs?  :)

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Czechlad said:

What is really unfortunate is my sister's fiancee's parents had rented half their house to a bachelorette party so there is about 20+ of them in the home trapped. 

Whilst in no way do I wish to make light of your predicament, the fact that you've a 20-strong hen party in the house takes the edge off my sympathies ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peterms said:

Were you accompanied by a rather large collection of animals, in gender-balanced pairs?  :)

Too busy to chat,  busy waiting for a delivery of some wood (I say some but its loads)and some nails.  Between 11.00am and 2023 they said.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Xann said:

Trump dissed the Mexicans on Twitter again over the weekend.

Mexico's response has been to offer aid to their flooded neighbours in Texas.

It's like living in a cartoon at the moment.

All we need is North Korea or specifically their leader to build a headquater type base in a volcano with a sliding roof and we are all set.  

We got floods,  missiles actually flying over Japan,  A cartoon POTUS and pitched battles in the US about statues where the Swaztika is happily on display.  This is just the last few weeks ffs.  

I am glad I am building an ark.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It's like living in a cartoon at the moment.

All we need is North Korea or specifically their leader to build a headquater type base in a volcano with a sliding roof and we are all set.  

We got floods,  missiles actually flying over Japan,  A cartoon POTUS and pitched battles in the US about statues where the Swaztika is happily on display.  This is just the last few weeks ffs.  

I am glad I am building an ark.

Oh, and the US just announced the 2nd successful test flight of their upgraded B61 nuclear bombs ($1T over the next couple of decades, thanks Obama!). They haven't put a warhead in one... yet.

• Like 1

The Humane Society of America are out there busting into flooded homes to rescue trapped pets, these guys are real heroes!

Also, the MSM isn't reporting that the Mexican Army is headed to Houston to help Americans. Doesn't fit the narrative, even for "liberal" MSNBC, etc.

Looks like another levee is about to break which will devastate Houston even more. Hard to think about the thousands of people who resettled in Houston after Katrina in New Orleans are experiencing it all over again, holy crap.

Trump loves all his "ratings" and the "crowds". What a complete asshole.

Curfew imposed in mandatory evacuation areas due to looting & burglaries. At least 14 arrested yesterday.

Seems to be a genuine few people that are stuck and taking the law into their own hands by breaking into shops/supermarkets looking for food/supplies and other groups of people who have decided now is a good time to get a new telly

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, peterms said:

This is the real Trump. Ineffectual, meek and vain. Get him outside a scripted production and he shows just what he is. A KKK loving limp dick fool.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Which bits exactly?

There was a whole thing yesterday about Trumps appearance in Texas, so reminiscent of the mud slung at Obama when he visited Christy after Sandy. It's funny how easily those on the nominal left have slipped into the same ad hominem nonsense previously espoused by those on the nominal right.

Just now, villakram said:

There was a whole thing yesterday about Trumps appearance in Texas, so reminiscent of the mud slung at Obama when he visited Christy after Sandy. It's funny how easily those on the nominal left have slipped into the same ad hominem nonsense previously espoused by those on the nominal right.

Was Obama criticised for wearing a hat that was available exclusively from his own website and did he address the people with little empathy and in the style of an election rally? Did Obama deny that climate change was partially responsible?

I must have missed that over here in the UK

Â