U.S. Politics

maqroll

Donny Jnr may actually go to jail

Imagine a criminal accused of conspiring to receive stolen property. At trial, the accused testifies that he hired a big truck to carry away the goods, but when he arrived at the stash all he found was worthless garbage. I might feel for the hapless criminal, but his guilt would not be in question. This is much the situation that Donald Trump, Jr finds himself in – by his own admission.

All that is missing is the email that he forwarded on to his dad to tell him all about it. Given the speeches that Don Sr gave a few days before this meeting happened it sure as hell looked like he knew about it and was expecting something juicy to come out of it.  One of Manafort, Kushner or Donny Jr will almost certainly have told him about it.  My money is on Donald "Fredo" Trump Jr being the one to have got Daddy all excited over the clever things he was doing.  The big question is how many people will go down with Jr over this.  Manafort (should have known better) and Kushner (he's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy) are right in the firing line and Trump Sr is only one degree of separation away from this (so far).  The fun thing is that there is no logical defense to this Tweet from Jr.  It's not fake news, it's not a democrat plot (although I do already hear people saying that it is, but that the democrats didn't use this info before the election and then went and lost really shoots that idea down hard). 

This is all just Donny Fredo Trump Jr bringing the whole thing crashing down around his own ears. 

Sadly my rational self knows that rich people don't go to jail, so in reality this won't be enough to send anyone down on it's own. 

I don't think this crime will be lonely for too long though.

• Like 2

Nothing will happen. Rich people don't go to jail, and the President's son, son in law and a former advisor in the same matter currently dogging the President? No chance.

Add it to the increasingly large pile that looks a lot like an elephant in the room.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

A transparent steel wall with openings so you can see through it.

It would appear Donald has just invented the fence.

Not the only thing he has invented this year.  So far he has graced the English language with a new phrase "Prime the pump" (which in no way has been used since the 1800's) and he gave us Covfefe.  I almost forgot that he gave us "Unpresidented" too.  The bloke is an inspiration, a shining beacon of intellect and innovation in a grey world of mediocrity.

6 hours ago, Straggler said:

Where the hell did he get the idea that there are Mexican smugglers that speculatively throw 60lb bags of coke into America

They do, actually.  I saw it filmed in a documentary, called "No Country for Old Men".  It's clearly a problem that needs addressing, and it's good to see he's up for the challenge.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

He is a seriously **** weird dude.

I actually think it's a mental illness that is as yet is completely undiagnosed or documented. In the future trainee psychologists will study an entire course devoted to Trumps Ego Disorder

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

He is a seriously **** weird dude.

Yet he is President 

There is hope for us all!

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Only a matter of time before someone already named inside the room places Trump there too. The GOP will be forced to impeach.

I assume that's pretty unlikely, given the timing of the meeting right at the end of primary season . . . doesn't seem like a meeting the top man would drop everything to join. 

However, I do agree that they are uncovering more and more evidence all the time. It doesn't look like it took that much scratching under the surface to find out about this meeting, and there's probably more stuff still to come out. 

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

However, I do agree that they are uncovering more and more evidence all the time. It doesn't look like it took that much scratching under the surface to find out about this meeting, and there's probably more stuff still to come out. 

Looks like a managed release of titbits by someone in the know rather than finding out more.  Aiming for maximum damage.  But will there ever come a point where Republicans have had enough of his behaviour?

Â