U.S. Politics

maqroll

12 minutes ago, Jon said:

Biden does seen to have had moments of confusion and verbal slurring/ mumbling. 

It's well document that he has a stammer. I'm not saying that every instance can be attributed to this but for me, it goes a long way to justifying when he trips over his words and doesn't come across as clearly as he could. Having a speech impediment is no indicator of a lack of brain power.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

You’re kidding me, that’s straight from right wing media talking points tonight mate.  

The Republicans say he’s a senile, dithering old man yet he walks over them in WH discussions and he’s the head of a complex, crime, corruption family.

When he doesn’t talk much it’s because he’s struggling but when he talks with passion he’s apparently juiced up.

The right wing just can’t stand that while he’s old and yes not as strong as ten years ago, he can still stand with any of them and still be Presidential.

As if the Republicans know what presidential is. Presidential doesn't boast. It is. And it knows it is.

• Like 1

Maga-Mike looked totally deflated and defeated throughout that whole speech. Like a little school boy being lectured by the headmaster. The GOP is just a massive joke.

Edited by magnkarl

I think as the election gets closer - it would be good for Biden to get out and be in front of the camera for sustained moments more. Fox, and Elon, and right wing media has done a good job of cutting and snipping moments to paint him in the worst light cognitively.

But any sustained segment shows that Biden's still got it as much as you can when you're 81.

3 hours ago, Xann said:

Emily meets... Marjorie Taylor Green ;) 

It's so funny how she's got the same style of debating as an eight year old, pretty much like her god emperor. "No why don't *you* go and talk about Jewish space lasers", reminded me of "no puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet". They're a match made in heaven, a proper pair of genuinely very, very stupid people.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Has Trump paid his fines yet?

Produced a bond of 90+m to cover the 83.3m he owes to Carroll as required earlier today (see a couple posts above).  This bond is for him to appeal.

The big 454m isn’t due just yet, that’s further into this month that is due or bonded.

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, choffer said:

Leave him alone. 

He's a worker for the council

Has been twenty years

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â