U.S. Politics

maqroll

57 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Of course, the Republicans getting 46% of the vote compared to the Democrats getting 47% would likely mean the Republicans win complete control.

Yeah, obviously the split per state makes the difference but it’s estimated that Trump could lose the popular vote at the extreme edges by 3.7% overall to Biden but still win the EC.

• Like 1

I'm not surprised by that poll, you'd think the vast majority of undecided voters would go for Biden and his lead will go up until the election.  If you aren't already pro Trump then you're never going to be, he's not going to get more popular by November.

Given that the final results of 2020 were 51% Biden/46% Trump - it's actually pretty conceivable that it will end up the same. I find it difficult to statistically move two known quantities - both having been president more than +/- 1% unless there are extenuating external circumstances.

All of this is pivoted on who wins which states but if the popular vote is that close, it could be an exact repeat of the 2020 election board.

Which I think is a loss for everyone but would hopefully end any more Trump runs. Can you imagine a 2028 Trump campaign?

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

Given that the final results of 2020 were 51% Biden/46% Trump - it's actually pretty conceivable that it will end up the same. I find it difficult to statistically move two known quantities - both having been president more than +/- 1% unless there are extenuating external circumstances.

All of this is pivoted on who wins which states but if the popular vote is that close, it could be an exact repeat of the 2020 election board.

Which I think is a loss for everyone but would hopefully end any more Trump runs. Can you imagine a 2028 Trump campaign?

No, but then I couldn't imagine a 2024 Trump run either. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he's somehow remains in charge of the Republicans after losing another election.

42 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Because they want to win the upcoming election, which it looks like they will pretty comfortably. 

Is that right? 

I thought it looked like the Dems were still looking likely for a narrow win?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Is that right? 

I thought it looked like the Dems were still looking likely for a narrow win?

It all depends which media you take your opinion from

The idea that keeps getting peddled that the orange one is miles ahead is utterly false though

• Like 1

I just cannot see how he has more votes than last time.

Theres plenty of reasons why he would have less, a lot less, but I can’t see how anyone who didn’t vote for him last time would have changed their mind.

• Like 2

In probably a reversal of decades of polls - my tinfoil theory is that the people answering the polls are tilted Republican.

Whereas in years before, Republicans didn't answer their landline phones as polls were part of the liberal agenda, they might be heavily tilted to answering the polls these days as they're the only demographic significantly engaged in politics.

I would be shocked if Millenials and, in particular, Gen Z answered landlines or even random cell phone numbers at all to answer polls.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

No presidential immunity for the orange goblin then 😂😂😂

Onto the Supreme Court he goes…despite the partisan court, surely no way they will overturn.

Â