30 today

Demitri_C

**HAPPY BIRTHDAY**

I'm 31 next week. TBH, turning 30 didn't really bother me, I think it depends in your mind with what you have achieved at that point.

I basically had a re-run of my stag do, went karting with my mates during the day and then out on the lash followed by curry in the early hours.

I don't think it'll bother me, because I went through my "**** I'm getting old" stage when I hit 25.

Don't know why, but I had a real hard time that birthday.

Now I just think it doesn't matter!

No idea what I'll do for my 30th, but make yours a good one, Dem!!

Happy Birthday!

Was pretty miserable at 30, spent much of the day under the duvet feeling sorry for myself.

40 was a breeze. Had an open house all day. Responsible parent types popped in during the afternoon for drinks & cake, as the afternoon turned to evening the youngsters left and the irresponsible adults got wasted.

30th? Dunno, it was so long ago I can't remember.

40th was good though, I had an excellent party. I still have the six c90 compilation cassettes I made for it - thinking of making a CD update of them for my 60th.

Happy birthday BTW!

Went to work on my 30th. Then went for some food and drinks, with some friends on the evening. I can't remember the last time I made a fuss and made a point of doing something on my birthday. Age is just a number, so I tend to treat it as another day. As long as you're feeling in good health, and you're happy, Saying that, I would sulk like a child, if my Mom didn't get me a cake!

• Like 1

My housemate is like that. He's only 25, the dick. But I only found out it was his birthday earlier this year (May I think) because it came up on Facebook.

Says he never celebrates it. i find that a bit weird.

I just don't see the point in making a fuss these days. 40 next year and I doubt I'll have a choice then but I'd always much rather ignore the fact that I'm getting old ;)

yeah don't get me wrong, when you get to that age (no offence) I can understand it.

But this guy is 25. He should be going out and getting laid! :D

I just don't see the point in making a fuss these days. 40 next year and I doubt I'll have a choice then but I'd always much rather ignore the fact that I'm getting old ;)

I'm a big fan of birthdays, I always try to organise at least a day or two doing something special. I've been known to book 3 or 4 days off specifically and i've never, ever worked a birthday. I'm of the opinion that if you can't celebrate being here, what can you celebrate?

Although I know i'm in the minority (especially with others who are 40+)

• 2 months later...

I am currently 26, but in 2016 I will turn 30. As it only 3 and a half years away, I can now see it. I am now starting to get worried and if I be honest, I am losing sleep over it. I know I have to accept it, you can't stop time etc.

How did some of you guys cope with your 30th and is anyone else who is 26 feeling the same way as I am.

I am currently 26, but in 2016 I will turn 30. As it only 3 and a half years away, I can now see it. I am now starting to get worried and if I be honest, I am losing sleep over it. I know I have to accept it, you can't stop time etc.

How did some of you guys cope with your 30th and is anyone else who is 26 feeling the same way as I am.

Cope with your 30th? **** me mate you make it sound like your about to find out you have a critical illness! There is nothing to cope with it is just a number. I am 39 now and don't feel any different now to what I did 15 years ago. Just wiser.

Just enjoy every day mate and forget about the numbers.

Â