Smart Watches

mykeyb

I'm sure I read it somewhere else :)

I like the idea that one part of the strap could be battery and the other could have pulse detector and whatever else in it. If someone makes it modular then you can buy the bits you want separately.

It also means they could update the watch bit separately over time without the whole lot being worthless.

• Like 1

Even if I hadn't read it previously....

http://www.seeed.cc/pebble_xadow/

Your pebble might swipe to enter one building as well , just connect a Xadow – NFC module; Your Pebble can also detect your body data , just connect a Xadow – Heart Rate sensor; Your Pebble can also sense location and coordinate , just connect a Xadow – GPS module ; Your Pebble can do new fancy playing by combining with 20+ Xadow modules beyond your imagination .

I can't believe they can tell you that 18 hours battery life for a smart watch is perfectly fine with a straight face, what an absolute farce that is.

It's a new kind of robbery where people just give them money without them even making a threat.

A lot of people will still buy them. It's a religion, not technology. I fully expect them to bring out non-smart versions just so that people can pretend they have one. "None of the features and £50 cheaper!"

I can't believe they can tell you that 18 hours battery life for a smart watch is perfectly fine with a straight face, what an absolute farce that is.

It's a new kind of robbery where people just give them money without them even making a threat.

A lot of people will still buy them. It's a religion, not technology. I fully expect them to bring out non-smart versions just so that people can pretend they have one. "None of the features and £50 cheaper!"

Haha, yes i think you are probably bang on with that assumption.

I really can't get my head around the fact that we could put a man on the moon in '69 and 45 years later we can't even make a smart watch that stays charged for more than 24 hours, something just doesn't seem right about that.

Edited by AVFCDAN

Haha, yes i think you are probably bang on with that assumption.

I really can't get my head around the fact that we could put a man on the moon in '69 and 45 years later we can't even make a smart watch that stays charged for more than 24 hours, something just doesn't seem right about that.

Lots of people can, just not Apple.

• Like 1

Tag Heuer are teaming up with Intel and Google to develop a Smartwatch:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-19/google-and-tag-heuer-s-smartwatch-could-change-the-game-for-apple

"Swiss watchmaker TAG Heuer is creating a smartwatch in partnership with American technology companies Google and Intel. The watch is an attempt to compete with devices by consumer-electronics makers, particularly the much-hyped watch by Apple. While TAG is the first traditional watchmaker to pair with Google, the partnership could open the door to other collaborations with high-end brands owned by LVMH, including Hublot and Zenith. One of the questions raised by Apple's $10,000 gold smartwatch is whether users will consider it a luxury item and wear it for status as well as convenience."

The Pebble Time kickstarter finishes in 63 hours.

I have a Pebble Steel on the way, can anybody tell me how good it is at being a pedometer?

What would you like to compare it to? Google Fit is pretty accurate and that's on the phone without an accessory.

I find my G3 to be ridiculously inaccurate, basically with a Pebble Steel on the way, would I really need to invest in something like a FitBit or will this do the job in terms of tracking etc.

So I've had my Withings Activite for over a month now and it's awesome. No problems with it syncing up data and I'm really pleased with it. Once the swimming tracking update comes out it will be prefect. Surprised how accurate the sleep monitoring is.

Really tenpted to buy some more Withings products.

• Like 1

So I've had my Withings Activite for over a month now and it's awesome. No problems with it syncing up data and I'm really pleased with it. Once the swimming tracking update comes out it will be prefect. Surprised how accurate the sleep monitoring is.

Really tenpted to buy some more Withings products.

I've got their scales. I needed new ones and I liked the idea that all my apps would know my weight without entering it all over the place.

• Like 1

Â