Smart Watches

mykeyb

I'm not going to sleep with the watch on so no it won't be an issue considering I can get it charged overnight.

It's not really anything new, I tend to charge pretty much everything or leave it on charge overnight.

I can see why it might an be an issue for others but for me with my situation no it won't be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Will you buy a spare in case you want to go out in the evening? :)

That's really unfair, and your anti-Apple bias is annoying.  You'll be fine wearing an Apple Watch out in the evening, as long as you've got a really, really, really long plug extension socket!

Will you buy a spare in case you want to go out in the evening? :)

That's really unfair, and your anti-Apple bias is annoying.  You'll be fine wearing an Apple Watch out in the evening, as long as you've got a really, really, really long plug extension socket!

I'm not "anti-Apple", I'm "right tool for the job". Needing an extension lead for a watch makes it the wrong tool. Getting the best looking phone and having to put it in a shitty looking bumper to stop it dropping your calls makes that the wrong tool. Or buying the recommended monitor for your insanely expensive Watneys Party Seven and not being able to get a lead to connect them makes that the wrong tool.

Anyway this thread is about watches, not watch extension leads :)

These are so pointless right now. Stupid!

Too right. Why do you need a watch to tell you when your phone's ringing? It's like getting a sock to tell you when you've got your shoes on, er, or something.

Limpid, text and email notifications, music control, checking appointments on my iPhone.. What else can it do? What sort of apps are there? Can I change the colour of the screen, watch face? You know Pebble... I have been using a Sony SW2, but need one which works on iPhone.

In terms of value for money. I won't get the new one.

How much do you think Pebble time might cost?

I'll get the pebble time. Sounds great.

ha ha ha ha :)

Limpid, text and email notifications, music control, checking appointments on my iPhone.. What else can it do? What sort of apps are there? Can I change the colour of the screen, watch face? You know Pebble... I have been using a Sony SW2, but need one which works on iPhone.

The Pebble (original) is monochrome, you can't change the colour. I can't really comment on the other things as I don't use iphones. That's all straightforward on Android so I doubt you'll have a problem. This is the appstore.

Â