Smart Watches

mykeyb

I was really keen to get an Android Wear watch and the Moto360 looks really nice however the more I have looked at it and read the reviews the more I have come to realise that version 1 is not the place to buy as there is just too much wrong. Battery life needs to improve quite a bit and wireless charging a la the 360 needs to be standard.

There are some manufacturers who are listed as partners for android wear and have not yet brought anything to market and I will wait until they all have something out or might end up waiting for the 2015 Moto 360 where hopefully they will have ironed out some of the more obvious flaws.

This batch are 2nd gen. The Pebble was 1st gen.

I was really keen to get an Android Wear watch and the Moto360 looks really nice however the more I have looked at it and read the reviews the more I have come to realise that version 1 is not the place to buy as there is just too much wrong. Battery life needs to improve quite a bit and wireless charging a la the 360 needs to be standard.

There are some manufacturers who are listed as partners for android wear and have not yet brought anything to market and I will wait until they all have something out or might end up waiting for the 2015 Moto 360 where hopefully they will have ironed out some of the more obvious flaws.

This batch are 2nd gen. The Pebble was 1st gen.

Well the Sony Smartwatch & Metawatch both preceeded the Pebble........

I should make clear I meant the 2nd generation of Android Wear which will inevitably follow.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Spoke to soon, I didnt switch it off and put in in the draw and next morning it had died.

So far pretty impressed with the customisations that you can carry out.

Will be selling my Pebble at some point if the battery life on this stands up to more than 24 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't decide between the pebble steel or Sony smartwatch 3. Pros and cons to both though.

Ideally I'd like a colour screen pebble and with the new coloured e-ink displays on show recently I wonder if that's what they have coming up perhaps?

Both can be had for under £150 so may as well get one of them, but which one?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Hyetis Crossbow might have been a bit of a giant con.  They're massively over schedule, and their website has gobe down.  They've also not made refunds they've promised.

The Withings activité looks reasonable.

Would that replace an Up / Fitbit type device  or work in conjunction with it ?

I think replace. I've never had an UP last more than 3 months without failing.

I really really want that watch! 

At £320, I think i'm going to go for it as soon as they start selling them.

Any ideas on when they are going to start shipping of this product?

Edited by PieFacE

Further investigation shows they have another watch called the Activite Pop. The feature-set between the two watches are the same.. But the materials made to build the watch are a lot cheaper, and it's not "Swiss made".

But, the price difference is also a lot too. The Activite pop is £120

I think i'm going to dabble on the Activite Pop, if it's a good watch, I'll upgrade to the Activite in about 6months.

More info on the two here;

http://blog.withings.com/2015/01/05/withings-activite-pop-is-her-whats-different-withings-activite/

EDIT: Oh - No android support yet. That's a bit rubbish! Deal breaker. 

Edited by PieFacE

I really really want that watch! 

At £320, I think i'm going to go for it as soon as they start selling them.

Any ideas on when they are going to start shipping of this product?

The Activite Pop is essentially the same thing for a fraction of the price

*edit*

Just read the post above :lol:

Edited by P3te
  • Like 1

Â