Smart Watches

mykeyb

I do find watch LG Watch R useful as it vibrates on incoming calls so I dont miss them. Everything else I can take or leave in all honesty.

Dont read emails on it, occasionally read sms messages rather than get my phone out and some of the Google Now stuff is useful but nothing more.

I do find watch LG Watch R useful as it vibrates on incoming calls so I dont miss them. Everything else I can take or leave in all honesty.

Dont read emails on it, occasionally read sms messages rather than get my phone out and some of the Google Now stuff is useful but nothing more.

Pebble does the vibrating on incoming calls thing.

On the Pebble Time, I was slightly annoyed at the announcement as I've literally only had my steel a week :P but with all of the greatness i think it's let down by a Fisher price looking design. I'll wait for a steel version also.

The steel though, wow, it's awesome. I took it off charge last Thursday at 14:30 and its still got 20% battery left. I only use it really as a stealthy text/email notification centre at work plus Tetris, yelp and a few watch faces added on. I was unable to get the eBay app working which has been the only annoyance so far. Got a lot of compliments on it though just as a watch.

What apps have you installed on yours limpid? I'm new to the Pebble revolution and am eager to unlock its full potential.

I'd be tempted if they released a Pebble Time Steel, but I think that looks hideous.

They will. The steel version will be the mid product cycle refresh which will happen when the interest in this one dies down.

• Like 1

Rocket Polishers.

Just means when you're being mugged for your iphone they'll check your wrists too. Why lose £600 phone when you can lose the same again on a watch.

Both seem like odd complaints.  The £13k watch is a headline grabber to announce to the world HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT THIS THING HERE! and should you be wearing a nice watch if you are unlucky enough to get mugged (how many people in this thread actually have been mugged by the way?) then the mugger is going to take it anyway. Doesn't matter whether its Apple, Tag or any other desirable brand does it? 

I'm still a year or two out from buying a smart watch.  They are interesting to me but I guess we are just coming towards the end of the first generation of (good) products and I think I'll wait until the second or third before I'm ready to jump in. I'd like something thinner and a more mature app ecosystem.  

I can't see how a smart watch adds any value to my life at the moment and thats why I won't be buying one. Once they do I will jump on board no doubt. I'm not prepared to part with £300 to save myself the aggro of taking my phone out of my pocket of reaching across a desk for it to answer a text.

Both seem like odd complaints.  The £13k watch is a headline grabber to announce to the world HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT THIS THING HERE! 

I wasn't complaining.

Edited by Stevo985

When I used to run I would have my Garmin on my wrist and my I-pod in a pouch ... I guess arguably a smart watch would do the job of both ?

I wouldn't buy and Apple one though as it's bound yto have the EU sound limit on it menaing you can't hear the music loudly enough 

When I used to run I would have my Garmin on my wrist and my I-pod in a pouch ... I guess arguably a smart watch would do the job of both ?

I wouldn't buy and Apple one though as it's bound yto have the EU sound limit on it menaing you can't hear the music loudly enough 

Why have I now got the image of a sweaty Tony rummaging around in his "pouch" desperately trying to "shuffle" his device?

:puke:

Both seem like odd complaints.  The £13k watch is a headline grabber to announce to the world HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT THIS THING HERE! 

I wasn't complaining.

Sooo the most expensive Apple Watch is going to be £13,500

They're just taking the piss now aren't they?

What's that if it's not a complaint?  A whine?  A lament? A moan? 

Â