• Ellie Simmonds
    • Rory Mcllroy
    • Sir Chris Hoy
    • Ben Ainslie
    • Sarah Storey
    • Nicola Adams
    • Katherine Grainger

Ah, fair enough.

If the guide were Francombe books, people would probably think they just drink, shag and get embroiled in whodunnits (probably similar to Mr Francis, I guess)!

It's been a few years since I read a Francis one but they always tended to be about corrupt owners / jockeys / bookmakers ..

I used to enjoy them might have to dig one and see how they've dated ... I recall one with a betting system , which if memory serves was a system stored on a tape and loaded a la spectrum 48k style :-)

Wiggins or GTFO, the greatest achievement by a British sportsperson ever narrow none.

I would agree with this, if I could understand it. I think it is advocating Wiggo, or telling people to evacutate the viccinity; a position I would agree with.

I would agree with this, if I could understand it. I think it is advocating Wiggo, or telling people to evacutate the viccinity; a position I would agree with.

Should be bar none... Smartarse.

• Like 1

I think Ennis will probably win it.

I don't think she should, but being the face of the games and all, she'll probably win.

She'd win it any other year, but I think Farah, Murray and Wiggins are all worthy winners too. I'd probably go for Wiggins if/when I vote.

Brownlee can be disappointed he's not on the list, imo.

And team of the year has to be Team GB as a whole. I agreed fully 4 years ago when they single dout the cycling team as team of the year. But this time it should be the whole team.

I'm guessing you would prefer it to be voted by Sports writers and such?

Can't say I really care enough to prefer one way or the other. My point was just that if the public are voting, it's fairly guaranteed that it will be a populist vote rather than a vote for the most deserving. My guess would be that the candidate with the most readily acceptable "celebrity" profile (Ennis?) will win it.

Voted Wiggo...his achievement in Le Tour was fantastic (even if the team helped greatly). Was surprised to see some of the names...Chris Hoy, Nicola Adams and Katherine Grainger etc...Thought Laura Trott, Alastair Brownlee and Jonathon Peacock wouldve been up there, but then there has been a lot of sporting achievement this year..

Not taking anything anyway from his achievements this year but I really hope Murray does not win

I agree with Choffer's POV on this one. Putting these things to a general public vote isn't always the best way, you only need to look at XFactor to see how many idiots and friendly faces out perform competitors who are far more talented.

Mr Wiggins all day long

But this year may have been the year to have gone all junior school pc and declared them all winners. Seriously, its such a crazy call to say Mo deserves it less than Wiggins and so on. But the share it for a month each option can't happen because the BBC would need another 6 month media frenzy to apologise for the cost of all the mobile phone votes.

• Like 1

Â