• David Weir
    • Ellie Simmonds
    • Rory Mcllroy
    • Sir Chris Hoy
    • Ben Ainslie
    • Sarah Storey
    • Nicola Adams
    • Katherine Grainger

Didn't a bloke that rides hosses win this last year? What the **** was that about

I made a Facebook post along those lines when he won....

Quite a lot of people pointed out the error of my ways , it seems being a jockey is actually hard graft and I'm assured he was a worthy winner

I think Murrays achievement was on a parr with anything else a Brit achieved this year , he won a slam in an era with arguably the 3 greatest players ever ... And destroyed Djokovic along the way ... But maybe he needs to repeat the feat a few times to win this one

I can't see beyond Wiggins as things stand

I'm leaning more towards Andy Murray. You could make an equally strong case for Murray or Wiggins but I think the level of competition Murray faced was a few notches higher. It's very hard to split them though.

Overseas: Katie Taylor gets my vote. She almost singlehandedly brought women's boxing into the Olympics and it was the biggest success of the whole games. I am biased though :)

Rudisha would be above Bolt for me. The way he ran that final and put his assured gold on the line in order to break the World Record was a stunning feat.

Was Katie Taylor that great, or is it because Ireland literally had **** all else to cheer for? I'm not trying to do her down or anything, but Shay Given (If you know what I mean).

I think McIIroy would be a serious contender in a non Olympic year, but whoever wins it will have taken a gold at the games too. I think Rory will win it sooner rather than later though, he will dominate golf for the next ten years if he keeps playing like he has been lately. I think he could match Tiger Woods in having won all four majors at 25 years of age.

I'm probably being a little unfair but it initially comes across as you being surprised about this. :)

No I've read enough Dick Francis books in my time to know :-) ... I was trying to enlighten Jim

I think people will be up in arms whoever wins. Can't for the life of me work out why now it's an xfactor-type vote. Since when did the British public ever manage to cast an informed vote?

It should be Wiggins IMO but I can't see it happening.

No I've read enough Dick Francis books in my time to know :-) ... I was trying to enlighten Jim

Ah, fair enough.

If the guide were Francombe books, people would probably think they just drink, shag and get embroiled in whodunnits (probably similar to Mr Francis, I guess)!

Â