West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I can’t see it unless he’s backed in January. They’re just not very good. 

I don't think he'd have took the job without assurances mate. 

I think he'll bring in 3/4, it really wouldn't surprise me if he kept them up pretty comfortably tbh. 

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

They don't have the quality to stay up. On a different day, Liverpool smash them by more goals. Other teams we be more clinical. You cannot park the bus and hope it works in every game by knicking a goal.

On a different day... that’s been the story for years when sides come up against Sam. All he has to do is finish about two other sides as Sheff United are gone. With two or three additions I could see him out performing say Brighton and Fulham or Burnley.

The odds are against WBA but as I said previously I wouldn’t bet against them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

On a different day... that’s been the story for years when sides come up against Sam. All he has to do is finish about two other sides as Sheff United are gone. With two or three additions I could see him out performing say Brighton and Fulham or Burnley.

They have a little bit of pace up top aswell, so once Sam does what Sam does in terms of solidifying the 2 banks of 4 they may get a fair bit of success on the counter. 

26 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The Baggies shots per game ratio is as bad as Sheffield United's. That will catch up with them, I feel.

The main difference is that Sheff U don't have the same defensive solidity they enjoyed last season. That seems to be down to the keeper - they don't seem to be under any more pressure than they were last season, but Henderson was over-performing while Ramsdale is not. That seems to be the difference.

Sam Johnstone > Aaron Ramsdale, and that might just save them come the end of the season.

53 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Didn't watch the game.

Were Burnley really the better side? Bielsa burnout already hit?

Second half, yes. First half was more even.

Leeds scored an early penalty that was stupidly conceded by Nick Pope. Burnley went on to have a perfectly good goal ruled out because of a foul that wasn't a foul, similar to the Lansbury incident against Palace last season.

Burnley then went on to dominate the second half, but we're unable to capitalise. Whether Leeds have burned out or not is up for debate, but Burnley should never be in control of a game. That should concern them a bit.

Edited by Greenfly
Clarification

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

That seems to be down to the keeper - they don't seem to be under any more pressure than they were last season, but Henderson was over-performing while Ramsdale is not. That seems to be the difference.

Sorry to go off topic, but the exact opposite is true In our case and we currently sit 7th. 

Perfectly illustrates why a keeper is so important, and why at £20m or whatever it was, Emi was the signing of the summer. 

Edited by av1

I don't think it's that simple

Would like to see a stat comparison between this year and last with their running and their pressing 

To me they went in to a lot of games simply with more energy and hunger than other teams, was inevitable that it would drop and that other teams would also figure them out and counter their work rate, shocking that its been such a drop off though 

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Will be interesting to see who he gets in cos on paper they just need a couple of old experienced heads to keep the youngsters calm and keep the team organised, similar to what we needed last Jan and we ended up with Drinkwater... They need to find another Gareth Barry, being linked with wilshere and Phil Jones which I can understand but then also cenk tosun which I can't beyond the Everton fat Sam link 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think it's that simple

Would like to see a stat comparison between this year and last with their running and their pressing 

To me they went in to a lot of games simply with more energy and hunger than other teams, was inevitable that it would drop and that other teams would also figure them out and counter their work rate, shocking that its been such a drop off though 

Can't argue with that necessarily, but confidence in the keeper inflects everyone, and confidence gives players that extra 5/10%

Sorry to stay off topic by bring the conversation back to ourselves, but look at the difference in our defence. Yes we improved after lockdown but the defence was largely a shambles after Heaton got injured, whereas this season we have 8 clean sheets from 13. 

That stability gives every single player the confidence to go forward and effect the game. Its not the only factor, I've said previously that Wilder himself is a problem, but the keeper situation is a huge factor

Edited by av1

Â