January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

People shouldn't be so quick to right him off. I don't think people need reminding that our best player this season is another young inexperienced player from an inferior foreign league.

Who came with a big reputation and price tag....

Good luck to the guy if the deal comes off, sounds like he has the attributes we need.

Of course what we really need are some of these experienced, top class, prime of their career, low wage and next to no fee players I keep hearing about in this thread. What were their names again?

Edited by flamingsombrero

Who came with a big reputation and price tag....

I admit he came with a bigger reputation (price-tag is irrelevant) but he was still what people are moaning about Sylla for being - young, inexperienced and from an inferior league.

You can see many people writing him off?

Who?

I'm not going to name names.

Edited by Mantis

How do you know?

Based on his inexperience at the top level, I hope I am proved wrong but I highly doubt it.

Also if he was any good would he not have built on his single U21 cap from 2011?

Give the guy a chance - we really need the signing to work out for us, he has to come in and hit the ground running , in a very poor team - in the toughest league in the world- something some players costing 10 times that amount don't do...............................wing and a prayer stuff

Good luck to the guy if the deal comes off, sound like he has the attributes we need.

Of course what we really need are some of those experienced, top class, prime of their career, low wage and next to no fee players I keep hearing about in this thread. What were their names again?

Chris Samba would only cost £10m and £100k/week wages. Bargain. Plus he's 29 this year so a 4 year contract would be just right.

(Saying that I would love him here if we could afford him or were **** crazy like QPR.)

I admit he came with a bigger reputation (price-tag is irrelevant) but he was still what people are moaning about Sylla for being - young, inexperienced and from an inferior league.

I'm not going to name names.

I'm one, I don't care tbh.

Like I said I hope he proves me wrong.

People aren't writing him off, most people are just apprehensive as he is another unknown and its a gamble on our survival. Who knows he could be the next vieria but COULD be isn't what we need.

Exactly this.

If he was as well as someone with experience and quality then happy days but sadly this is not he case.

We are in the shit and shouldn't be making gambles like this.

I don't get it

Many on here wanted Gueda Fofana at the club when Houllier was in charge he played for a league 2 outfit in France

He now plays for Lyon this guy is a similar age

At the price being quoted 1.75 mill? Can't really complain

Edited by AshVilla