January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Guys get off big johns back .......listen to us, bickering, arguing, even amongst ourselves  .............we never used to be like this ?

Haha it's the joy of VT.

Not sure what I've said that's wrong.

I said he could be good. I said he'll need to hit the ground running and have an impact straight away.

Is any of that wrong?

In context of the season i agree

However we are not going to pay the big wages for experienced players so were stuck with the cheap option

I'd rather us do something than nothing

Yes we need someone in that position badly. Here's hoping we've unearthed the next Viera and not the next Djemba-Djemba eh?

Look at the difference in the squad.

No one was expecting him to come in and change us from certain relegation to safety.

We so desperately need quality in midfield that this guy has to come and have that impact straight away to help us survive.

Sure. Not disagreeing with that. Just saying.

I think you're overstating the pressure on him. We're likely going down regardless. Besides, you seem to think we're done?

I was told we wouldn't be signing ANYONE by a couple of people on here. So lets wait and see what tomorrow brings...

Tomorrow could be a VERY BUSY day at Villa Park. 

Heard Benty is in Stoke tonight and that we are after some guy called Adboulaye Ba? 
Apparently he's in Birmingham tonight anyway to finalise a deal tomorrow AM. 

Presume we may get a few more in from Bent deal as Ba will be quite cheap. 

Gotta admitt - I am wondering if this new guy might cut it in the championship !  

Still think we should have done a deal for curtis davis on Jan 1 - cheap, experienced, - not the greatest I know, but certainly an improvement on clark

• Like 1

I always thought we'd sign someone but like in the summer I just worry about the quality.

I don't think the pressure will be on him from the fans or management. What I mean is that if we are to survive he needs to be good from his first game.

I think our problems run much deeper than one defensive midfielder, of any quality.

They ALL need to step up, including the manager.

So he doesn't have to hit the ground running and have more of an impact than most of Lamberts signings?

What did you disagree with regarding that statement?

Relentless

Your glass isn't half empty - it's drained and crushed to dust on the floor

The guy is costing us £1.75m but if he doesn't save our season he's toast on here

You always blame Lambert like Syalla would be his dream sigining. Lambert would have liked Sissoko but has had to settle for a choice much lower down his list. If this kid is better than Gary Gardner or Chris Herd I'd be surprised

From Three in One:

Picture-55.jpg

Currently sat in 15th place in the French Ligue 2 are Clermont Foot. Within this seemingly mundane football club is a player whose stock is on the rise! Yacouba Sylla (22) is a defensive midfielder who has alerted scouts across the footballing world by forcing his way into the starting XI at Clermont, and earning an international Under 21 cap for France.

Two London clubs, Fulham and QPR, are vying for the signature of the rising French star, however they also face competition from Udinese and Stuttgart, writes the Daily Mail.

As we move closer to the January transfer window, scouts will be working overtime to try and find players that offer the best value and act as a catalyst for change in the second half of the season. With Sylla’s £1.5 million asking price, Harry Redknapp’s QPR are wealthy enough to fritter their money on a player like Sylla, who has no experience in a Premiership division in any country.

With an array of clubs looking at Sylla, he seems to be a promising talent after only making his way into fully professional football last season for the French side.

If this deal were to go through he could be a valuable squad player for either of the clubs from the capital who could both use some defensive cover from midfield. However, he also has the potential to disappoint considering his lack of experience in top flight football. Only time will tell if Sylla turns out to be a diamond in the rough or a nugget of fools gold."

http://threeandin.com/2012/12/20/yacouba-sylla-could-be-premier-league-bound/

Tomorrow could be a VERY BUSY day at Villa Park. 

Heard Benty is in Stoke tonight and that we are after some guy called Adboulaye Ba? 

Apparently he's in Birmingham tonight anyway to finalise a deal tomorrow AM. 

Presume we may get a few more in from Bent deal as Ba will be quite cheap. 

Ba is the guy we were linked to before - think there is a thread on him. He's even bigger than Tekkers

Lambert keeps saying he knew the rebuilding job he had to do and won't waiver from it because its what lerner wants and the club needs, replicating what he did with norwich with is proving to be hard and becoming annoying, heartbreaking even for us as fans, but If, and its a big if this comes off and we scrape safety (I don't think we will btw) it will be a hell of an achievement with a team of academy players and signings like this sylla chap.

Haha it's the joy of VT.

Not sure what I've said that's wrong.

I said he could be good. I said he'll need to hit the ground running and have an impact straight away.

Is any of that wrong?

Only teasing BJ

We all want the same thing, We're all frustrated.

I think it is too much to expect an instant impact and a season-transforming debut. What a weight on the guys shoulders. If Lerner expects that of a player he needs to part with serious cash not £1.75m