January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

The problem isn't entirely the defense, it's the space infront of them. Hopefully moving to a flat back 4 with Sylla infront of them might help the team to tighten up a bit.

I do think with sylla standing in front of the back four will definatly make a difference and should hopefully give us some more stability on the field and we may now see some actual link up play through the spine of the team, rather than the ball being hoofed up field to bannan and westwood who immediatly lose it cuz they have no physical presence then only to be bombarded time after time by the opposition!

However i still think we are in big trouble because as always we cant defend set pieces and until that gets sorted I'm afraid that is gonna cost us a lot of points (already has) and ultimatly will cost us our premier league status.

Look; we've all known for some time that Lerner is uninterested in spending to keep Villa in the topflight. The time for action was 4 weeks ago, and nothing transpired. The survival train left the station some weeks ago, so I'm not sure why people are acting at all surprised. 

The sooner this season is all over, the better

Agreed and when we are in the championship supporting OUR club Lerner will have lost the lot Villa wont be worth anything to him but everything to us no tv money for him serves him right. If mt Randolph Lerner has any decency he will walk away at the end of the season and shut the door behind him.

I imagine we are trying for new players but the time for action was beginning of Jan.  Just Sylla won't save us from Relegation, another CB might.  However if we had signed both at the beginning of the window we would probably be 3 or 4 points better off and be in the League Cup Final. 

• Like 1

Bent rumor not going away.

Jones & cash would be great at this point. No, we don't need Jones, but let's go down the 'fill the squad full of beasts' route and try and stay up that way.

That would give us some money for a Defender then.

I do think with sylla standing in front of the back four will definatly make a difference and should hopefully give us some more stability on the field and we may now see some actual link up play through the spine of the team, rather than the ball being hoofed up field to bannan and westwood who immediatly lose it cuz they have no physical presence then only to be bombarded time after time by the opposition!

However i still think we are in big trouble because as always we cant defend set pieces and until that gets sorted I'm afraid that is gonna cost us a lot of points (already has) and ultimatly will cost us our premier league status.

True, but let's be honest, even signing someone like Samba isn't going to be enough to keep us up at this stage. We've known for some time that investment wasn't coming. So even if we were to sign a defender, the chances are that he would be little better than what we already have. Unless ofcourse Lambert was able to unearth a beast of a centre back who could be signed for £2m on £10k a week wages.

I imagine we are trying for new players but the time for action was beginning of Jan.  Just Sylla won't save us from Relegation, another CB might.  However if we had signed both at the beginning of the window we would probably be 3 or 4 points better off and be in the League Cup Final. 

spot on

I'm not one to over-react, and like to think I take most things on the chin, but today's BBC transfer feed has been absolutely riddled with sarcastic and negative comments regarding Aston Villa. 

Whoever's writing it is starting to piss me off.

Edit: Chris Bevan's name has gone onto the cuntbucket list.

@chrisbevan_bbc  ;)

Agreed and when we are in the championship supporting OUR club Lerner will have lost the lot Villa wont be worth anything to him but everything to us no tv money for him serves him right. If mt Randolph Lerner has any decency he will walk away at the end of the season and shut the door behind him.

It will be, it will be worth about £150ish million in loans. 

The survival train left the station some weeks ago, so I'm not sure why people are acting at all surprised. 

It doesn't have to be like that though does it. For as poor as things have been we are with in a point of survival. We have showed even very recently we are capable of performing and I am confident that had we have had a decent defensive midfielder and a new centre half involved over this last 4 weeks we'd now be anywhere between 4 and 8 points better off. We are not a million miles away and still have winnable games against Fulham, QPR, West Ham, Wigan, Norwich, Sunderland, Stoke, Liverpool to come. We could have shown by making another couple of signings this window that we intend to fight to the finish and have a real go. It would have sent a message to the players we already have and the fans that we are not giving up.

If we fail to make any more signings it is such a sad waste and a decision we could well regret for years.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1