January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

After 21 games in 2010/11 we sat in 18th place on 21 points. After 21 games this season we sat in 16th place on 19 points. Houllier during January then got the best part of 30 mill in fees and 150k a week in wages to spend on bringing in Bent and Makoun and in on loan Walker and Bradley.

Lambert so far has been given **** all and if he is given anything to spend it won't be anything like what Houllier spent in January 2011.

there you go again mark using facts. How very dare you!
  • Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/9829140/Aston-Villa-to-cut-their-losses-on-Stephen-Warnock-and-let-him-join-West-Ham-on-a-free-transfer.html

Desperate times..

Warnock will have talks with Sam Allardyce on Sunday and Villa are prepared to
let the defender leave on a free transfer to get his £40,000 a week wages
off the books.

The former England international, 31, is one of the fringe players on big
money that Lambert has been desperate to shift and Villa do not expect any
hitches in the deal.

Wolves and Leeds United have attempted to sign Warnock on loan but the
prospect of remaining in the Premier League is likely to swing the move in
Allardyce’s favour.

Lambert has been told any money raised from player sales will go into his
transfer kitty and although Warnock’s departure is set to be on a free
transfer, it should give Villa’s manager some leeway to bring in a loan
signing.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Houllier was allowed to spend £24m on Bent and £6m on Makoun, plus bring in Walker on loan, and had Young and Downing all season! If Lambert could do that then I'm sure he would arrest our decline too. I'm sorry but I just don't see how Houllier possibly did a better job than Lambert when the latter had less to spend on buying 8 players to fill an already terrible squad than Houllier spent on one player to supplement a squad that finished 6th the year before.

To think Lambert could fit young and downing into his side. Their old wingers. Don't fit into his narrow style of crap/play. Probably be sitting on the bench with bent

Getting rid of our best left back is not 'good business'.

It will be a miracle if we're still in this division come next season.

Huge game Tuesday as all the teams around us have tough games. Chance for us to put some semblance of daylight between us and the inevitable.

Idiots run our club. Complete and utter idiots.

It is good business when the left-back in question is pretty shit and on 40k.

there you go again mark using facts. How very dare you!

And yet facts don't seem to matter when it comes to Lambert. It's all about gut feeling?

Edited by Mantis

Warnock has been removed from the squad page on OS! Hopefully he is gone soon and so is Hutton. Even if we don't sign someone its good to get players who aren't even in the squad off the wage bill.

It is good business when the left-back in question is pretty shit and on 40k.

And yet facts don't seem to matter when it comes to Lambert. It's all about gut feeling?

not all gut feeling, but a part of it yes. It's also different opinions that people are allowed mantis.

not all gut feeling, but a part of it yes. It's also different opinions that people are allowed mantis.

Yes I get the concept of different opinions, I just thought it was odd how facts seem to be very important for one manager but not that important for another.

Both Houllier and Lambert froze Warnock out so maybe there is something about him that really rubs people up the wrong way. He was great for us at first but seemed to lose a whole deal of pace and composure in recent times.

Didn't Hutton return to the preseason over weight? I actually miss his dreadful tackles because even if it was for the wrong reasons he added a bit of grit and physicality to the team.

Warnock has been removed from the squad page on OS! Hopefully he is gone soon and so is Hutton. Even if we don't sign someone its good to get players who aren't even in the squad off the wage bill.

especially poisonous ones

especially poisonous ones

What was it that he said, "hated Birmingham, hated the club......" And people wanted rocket polisher Warnock to play for Villa again. I hope he has gone, the clearing in the woods is on a par with Hopkins and Hodge!