January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Well actually thats not what he thinks at all.  He knows that Villa are a massive team.  Its what he keeps hearing from his agent and all the players/manager around him.  That right now, a move may not be the best thing for him given Villa's situation.  I am not saying if we agreed a fee that he wouldnt come.  Just that from the start of the window and the summer when he couldnt wait to come, he is now getting lots of people (people he listens to) not to do it yet.  Like I said I think he will come in the summers.

It all stems to my point about the expectation on him to save our season and the fact that he is another lower league player will put players off.  In fact another player who has been linked with us this summer from the Champs has said a similar thing.  Not that he would be averse to a move but the fact there is so much pressure on Villa to stay up and there has been so much scruitny and criticism labelled at PL and the team for not being experienced enough.  Players worry about these things and they talk about it with each other too.  Its not a good thing at all.

If you looked at results from last month or so and recent comments coming out of club no wonder no one wants to sign.

I assume that if Hutton and Warnock leave then that will be at least £40k off the wage bill. We really need to get rid of one of Gabby/Ireland/Bent.

Easy choice for me in Ireland absolute shower of shite since he arrived

More embarrassing that being millions in debt and it threatening the clubs existence?

Look the owner is sitting on how much money and if the rumours are correct he has made another 300m.

The wage bill has come down by releasing and selling players and we have purchased players on half the wages of those players let go.

i therefore don't think we are in any immediate danger of going to the wall if the chairman gives the manager another 10m-15m before the window closes especially with the increase in TV revenue coming at the end of this season. That is of course if we still are a Premiership team which makes Lerner's stance on current transfer policy even harder to understand in our present situation.

Edited by Morpheus

Good to see this topic hasn't moved along in 393 pages!

There just isn't any where near enough Premiership quality players in our already tiny squad, no buying is tant amount to giving up.

Because you know so much about him and have scouted him relentlessly over the past 18 months.....or because he plays in the championship?

Because i have an opinion and am entitled to it.  And i know allot about him and yes he is in the championship not that i have to justify my opinion to  you.  So bog off with your arrogant comment.  Its a formum and everyone has their own opinion. 

Haha indeed; 393 pages and not even a whiff of a sniff of a snippet of transfer speculation.

At one point Dale Stephens was locked up somewhere. Not sure if we forgot to feed him or he's still snowed in...

Even that was pure here-say from people ITK, barely making the papers.

It was just a load of people on Twitter getting together and making up stories. Then they forgot they made them up and started to believe their own stories. 

• Like 2

Tony Cascarino urges Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert to move for Liverpool's Jamie Carragher

The veteran Kop star, who turns 35 on Monday, has suggested he could be tempted to leave Anfield after almost 20 years at the club.

Carragher has barely featured for Brendan Rodgers' side in the Premier League this season and is keen to secure more playing time.
And Cascarino claims he is just the player Paul Lambert needs as he bids to guide Villa away from relegation trouble.
"They really lack experience and I’d love to see a Jamie Carragher-type of signing come to Villa," the Midlands club's former striker said, speaking to H & J.
"Although everybody keeps telling me Jamie is a one-club man and he's doing all his coaching badges at Liverpool, I'd love Villa to make a signing like that.
"That young side can be a bit naïve at times and it has been shown far too often in recent weeks. Anyone who knows Jamie knows he wants to go down the management road after his career, and he's obviously being nurtured for that at Liverpool.
"But I would say to Jamie, go and play with players not quite as good as you, you can give them more knowledge, you can help them along, develop them, do a bit of coaching. He would be a massive asset to someone like Villa."

Link

Tony Cascarino urges Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert to move for Liverpool's Jamie Carragher

Yes another CB with no pace

I noticed Bristol recieved a bid from an unnamed club yesterday for Albert Adomah

Wonder if it was us

Edited by AshVilla

Because i have an opinion and am entitled to it.  And i know allot about him and yes he is in the championship not that i have to justify my opinion to  you.  So bog off with your arrogant comment.  Its a formum and everyone has their own opinion. 

Well people usually share opinions, so share yours on him. If you know so much about him and think he isnt good enough share it. All you said was, dont want him here. Very in depth opinion. No need for tears.

Like I said,  At the min no decision to make at the min beacuse no fee agreed.  Therefore we dont know whether he would come or not or whether he is weak mentally.  I still think it could happen in the summer.  ITK on twitter was so off it was unreal.  I mean saying he had bought a place in Brum.  Which player buys a house before a move is finalised.  The guy has been training with Charlton all this time.  Players typically get temp accomodation sorted, either by their agent/team or the clubs liason officer.