January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Basically coping what Ashley did at Newcastle then 

It does very much appear to be heading this way. What pisses me personally is he has in essence thrown every season ticket holders money down the drain this year if this is the case though. Also there is nothing concrete to suggest Lambert will get us back up either and I wouldn't personally reward the prick for failure!

It does very much appear to be heading this way. What pisses me personally is he has in essence thrown every season ticket holders money down the drain this year if this is the case though. Also there is nothing concrete to suggest Lambert will get us back up either and I wouldn't personally reward the prick for failure!

honestly, i'd give lambert til christmas in the championship. there's no point **** everything up again in the back room. let him go about building the club up again playing football he wants us to play, and see how it goes. if it doesnt work, bring neil warnock in and guarantee promotion, then bring in fat sam to keep us up then bring someone else in to actually push us on 

:lol:

Problem is I can't see us getting promoted next season. We will lose the TV money and have to cut back further. Maybe Lerner is looking at Bradford and is thinking how they only spent £7500 and have got to a cup final so that's what we should aspire to. :-)

Indeed Newcastle went down with Shearer at the helm and he was replaced/left with their relegation.

I just don't see if a manager takes a team down how he can take the downwards momentum and switch it around to get the club going again to my knowledge it has never happened that a manager has gone down and come back up.

Latest from Mail 

Paul Lambert doubts Aston Villa will make a signing in the next week, claiming a spending spree would threaten the club’s future if they splashed out and still went down.

Asked if he was optimistic there would be any new faces before the transfer window slams shut next Thursday, Lambert replied: “No, not really.”

Questioned on whether there were actually any deals in the offing or ‘irons in the fire’, the Villa boss gave the same answer, “No, not realy.”

Lambert went on to explain Villa would not be following the example of relegation rivals QPR, Newcastle and Southampton, who are all in the process of strengthening their squads.

The reason being, he suggested, was because adding to Villa’s expenditure this month would leave the club in an even more parlous financial position, if they were still relegated.

“I think that’s everybody else’s prerogative,” said Lambert.

“I don’t think I can ever worry about what other teams are doing. I can understand teams doing it.

“But if you don’t manage to stay in the league and you’ve spent loads of money then what does that do to your club if it goes down? Does that put the club’s future at risk? I don’t want to do that to this club, that’s for sure.”

When asked if Villa had actually bid for any players this month, Lambert replied: “We’ve spoken to a few lads and a few teams, but the finances were way too high.”

He was questioned further about whether the transfer fees asked by clubs or wage demands of players were proving to be the main the stumbling block.

“Both,” was his response

Indeed Newcastle went down with Shearer at the helm and he was replaced/left with their relegation.

I just don't see if a manager takes a team down how he can take the downwards momentum and switch it around to get the club going again to my knowledge it has never happened that a manager has gone down and come back up.

Latest from Mail 

mcleish did it

Edited by P3te

Latest from Mail 

wow this is dire if true

So then, we can't afford wages and transfer fees. Everything they have enquired about has been "way too high". God we are **** doomed. Lambert taking the fall for Lerner. So bloody disapointed in our ownership, they are letting this great club down. It's all about the money, nothing more with Lerner now... Go away Randy, I hope your searching out viable options to sell the club.

So then, we can't afford wages and transfer fees. Everything they have enquired about has been "way too high". God we are **** doomed. Lambert taking the fall for Lerner. So bloody disapointed in our ownership, they are letting this great club down. It's all about the money, nothing more with Lerner now... Go away Randy, I hope your searching out viable options to sell the club.

With his trackrecord on decisions he'd probably sell to Paladini or someone like Venky's.

So have an update on Stephens. All I have to say it's a sad state of affairs when a championship player is being heavily advised by agents/players not to come to us because of our situation. Not only threat of relegation but the perceived lack of ambition to secure our prem league survival.

Although he may join in the summer even if we got relegated. As it was put to me he would rather play for a big fish in a small pond than a fish that's slowly dying. Basically if we get relegated as long as we show ambition to come back up he would still move.

Anyways it doesn't matter because the two clubs can't even agree a fee so there is no decision to make for him.

Well this was a real worry of mine coming to January after such a shocking Xmas period.

We're an absolute joke of a club right now.

Indeed Newcastle went down with Shearer at the helm and he was replaced/left with their relegation. I just don't see if a manager takes a team down how he can take the downwards momentum and switch it around to get the club going again to my knowledge it has never happened that a manager has gone down and come back up. Latest from Mail 

Lambert is sounding very negative in this interview. Its as if he really believes were going down now, so to risk bringing anymore players in is just not worth it. Its like he has lost the believe in himself that he can keep us up. Im begining to think spending no money is Lamberts doing and if he did spend say 10 million and we go down, he is most likely to be sacked for it, so dont wanna risk it. Also he keeps saying the team is good enough, soon I think we will have to hear him say the team is weak, maybe after the loss to Millwall, cause there will be no excuse.

hmmm - no new signings - best team:

................................Guzan................................

Lowton............Vlaar.....Clark.....................Baker

...................Westwood......Delph.........................

Nzog.........................................................Gabby

.....................Benteke.....Weimann......................

Subs: Given, Dunne, Bennett, Ireland, KEA, Holman, Bent

Not too bad really

...................Westwood......Delph.........................

Nzog.........................................................Gabby

.....................Benteke.....Weimann......................

Subs: Given, Dunne, Bennett, Ireland, KEA, Holman, Bent

Not too bad really

And yet it hasn't worked at all recently, so yes, it is bad. I'd stick Dunne in at CB and I'd give Warnock a go at LB or somewhere in midfield. They'd both add some much needed experience. I'd also start Bent over Weimann and N'Zogbia has played quite well in a more free role.

Nzogbia ....Westwood......Ireland.............Gabby

.........Benteke.......Bent...................

Subs: Given, Dunne, Bennett, Delph, KEA, Holman, Weiman

Not too bad really

Edited by dakid007

The last time I remember a crisis over lack of transfers and backing for the manager was when deadly doug refused to even pay for Erik bakke's loan wages shortly before o'leary left.

Lerner must be fed up with the 'save us from' relegation scenario he has faced ever season since mon left and just finally snapped and said '**** it enough is enough, I've given every manager funds to buy players on big wages and it hasn't made sod all difference, so why should I spunk a load more'

I like Bent but I do think we need a defender and midfielders more than we need a goal poacher right now, it seems barmy that he is not being sold to generate funds.