January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

When is Gary Gardner coming back?

He'll be like a new signing

Like a new Lambert signing possibly. Right now Gardner plays like a bloke trying to break into the Championship. Sorry but he has not yet showed he has that influence to compete in a premier league midfield. He has a nice occasional touch and deadball but cannot dominate his area of the park. Like many of our midfielders sadly.

He's better than bannan but that isn't saying much, Gardner played quite a bit last season and was awful

In an awful team he played in a dozen games. Mostly as a sub. Although you are the authority on our youth team so ill take your opinion and immediatly tweet him to tell him his shit and should retire.

• Like 2

Plus guys, remember this as well.

If it wasn't for his shot last season at Fulham - which Wiemann tapped in - we would've been relegated.

We need to chuck Gardner in the first 11 as well when he's fit to prove his worth.

From one of the Journos at the press conference today:

PL:"We dont want to spend money on players & then see the club in financial trouble if we go down." #avfc #villa

He's admitted he miss quoted Lambert, who was talking about the activity of other teams in and around the relegation spots.

#avfc I accept that earlier PL quote re poss relegation/ finances inaccurate. Apologies to PL. He was responding to q's re other clubs

Yes, and all for the princely sum of €2.5m.

I said it at the beginning of January and I'll say it again. We are not signing anyone. Lerner could not care less about Villa, he's made that clear for the past two years. He'd rather hide in america and let his former "relationships manager" run this club into the ground. I've been resigned to relegation since the Southampton game and Shitbert should have been sacked then for us to stand a chance. As things stand we have the worst first team and squad in the league and a dead man walking for a manager. We will be finishing bottom of the table this year I'm afraid.

Marseille ready to listen to offers for Morgan Amalfitano. Seeing as we are very much in need of some creativity, could be a good shout at the right price. Doubt his wages would be that high.

Amalfitano and N'zogbia would be quality together!! Doubt we will get him... Lerner's all too happy sitting on his money.... Boils my blood than man does!

No one is joining us.

This mate... if we do manage to do the impossible and sign someone I'll run round my house but naked apart form my Villa shirt..... Even if it's a shite player :P we just need some players in for options!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc