January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Apparently John Arne Riise has been told he can leave Fulham...

Yes please.

Not a dig at you but it's ironic - Riise can't do the business for Fulham and so they're apparently after Warnock. Warnock can't do the business for us, and so .......

Musical Crap-backs!

Very very happy if we can offload Warnock to them (they can keep Riise)

Not sure what happened there but while I was typing that, about 4 other positive message were posted!??? Is there something in the water? lol

Okay, i will buck the trend...

"Nobody gets relegated in February." Freefalling Wolves committed suicide last season by sacking McCarthy at the wrong time and bringing in... Terry Connor - a lamb to the slaughter. They never recovered.

Since conceding that late goal at Anfield, the club has set out on it's most humiliating run of results in history... game after game has passed with not even 'men against boys.' I've seen the stats in the other threads (and don't forget, we could have been battered by Liverpool and Swansea and Norwich). We ain't good enough for a plethora of reasons.

I appreciate that we have to remain positive and all that jazz, but with an admittedly half-empty glass (Villa totally spoiled my Christmas and I am pretty suicidal with how January is panning out), we have ONLY 16 games left - and look who they are against and where we have to play. There are lots of points to play for - but be realistic about where those points are going to be scored. And of course, add in the 'shit refs' syndrome that dogs clubs at the bottom of the league. Halsey - you really should be ashamed, and as for Adkins and Rikki (the new word removed) Lambert claiming it was a penalty all day long for the simple reason that our player had the temerity to move his leg out of the way before committing a foul (how the **** does that make it anywhere near a pen?) - sorry, having 'only just' dipped into the relegation zone (again), we are up against it. Fact.

Misery I know... I just can't see where the points are going to come from - particularly if the manager is not robustly backed in this transfer window. I suspect the club will be calling the return of Vlaar from injury as 'almost like a new signing' to appease everyone on here. Maybe too, the fact that Dunne is starting to train again.

We are the worst team in this division - for these two stats alone; we have conceded the most goals, and we have scored the least. I would hazard a guess that one of the teams that gets relegated from the division each season has those two combined stats to their 'credit' come season's end. There's a challenge for the stattos amongst you.

Seeing our recent performances - I question how far down the leagues the owners are prepared to see us fall.

Still, with my half-empty glass - I am not sure how much impact a new signing (dare I even hope for 2, 3 or 4?) will have in the 16 games that remain... We had an opportunity to beat woeful travellers Wigan, but got rolled over ourselves. We had a chance to 'must win' against Southampton and got fingered by a variety of things. And lost.

So, where are our next points coming from folks? Be honest...

<tin hat on>

Okay, i will buck the trend...

"Nobody gets relegated in February." Freefalling Wolves committed suicide last season by sacking McCarthy at the wrong time and bringing in... Terry Connor - a lamb to the slaughter. They never recovered.

Since conceding that late goal at Anfield, the club has set out on it's most humiliating run of results in history... game after game has passed with not even 'men against boys.' I've seen the stats in the other threads (and don't forget, we could have been battered by Liverpool and Swansea and Norwich). We ain't good enough for a plethora of reasons.

I appreciate that we have to remain positive and all that jazz, but with an admittedly half-empty glass (Villa totally spoiled my Christmas and I am pretty suicidal with how January is panning out), we have ONLY 16 games left - and look who they are against and where we have to play. There are lots of points to play for - but be realistic about where those points are going to be scored. And of course, add in the 'shit refs' syndrome that dogs clubs at the bottom of the league. Halsey - you really should be ashamed, and as for Adkins and Rikki (the new word removed) Lambert claiming it was a penalty all day long for the simple reason that our player had the temerity to move his leg out of the way before committing a foul (how the **** does that make it anywhere near a pen?) - sorry, having 'only just' dipped into the relegation zone (again), we are up against it. Fact.

Misery I know... I just can't see where the points are going to come from - particularly if the manager is not robustly backed in this transfer window. I suspect the club will be calling the return of Vlaar from injury as 'almost like a new signing' to appease everyone on here. Maybe too, the fact that Dunne is starting to train again.

We are the worst team in this division - for these two stats alone; we have conceded the most goals, and we have scored the least. I would hazard a guess that one of the teams that gets relegated from the division each season has those two combined stats to their 'credit' come season's end. There's a challenge for the stattos amongst you.

Seeing our recent performances - I question how far down the leagues the owners are prepared to see us fall.

Still, with my half-empty glass - I am not sure how much impact a new signing (dare I even hope for 2, 3 or 4?) will have in the 16 games that remain... We had an opportunity to beat woeful travellers Wigan, but got rolled over ourselves. We had a chance to 'must win' against Southampton and got fingered by a variety of things. And lost.

So, where are our next points coming from folks? Be honest...

<tin hat on>

We're going down.

Deal with it.

Embrace it

Look forward to a positive goal difference and a League Championship chase.

No point getting all daft and weepy about it.

Agreed! If the worst happens, so be it.... The club will still be there no matter what, Manager, Players, Owners come and go... WE are the constant in this football club, I hope we don't go down but if we do, shit happens... we got very lucky last season.

Guardian: The midfielder Moussa Sissoko has emerged as a potential target for Aston Villa. The 23-year-old is believed to be under consideration by the manager, Paul Lambert.

Daily Star: Toulouse's French international Moussa Sissoko is on Aston Villa's shopping list. Villa boss Paul Lambert has vowed to add strength to his midfield this month and Sissoko fits the bill.

Daily Express: Aston Villa defender Richard Dunne will return to training later this week after undergoing three operations this season.

• Like 2

Guardian: The midfielder Moussa Sissoko has emerged as a potential target for Aston Villa. The 23-year-old is believed to be under consideration by the manager, Paul Lambert.

Daily Star: Toulouse's French international Moussa Sissoko is on Aston Villa's shopping list. Villa boss Paul Lambert has vowed to add strength to his midfield this month and Sissoko fits the bill.

Daily Express: Aston Villa defender Richard Dunne will return to training later this week after undergoing three operations this season.

I just can't see Sissoko happening. Not unless his agent has had a complete change of heart. I heard Mickey Quinn saying that once you are earning £40k a week thats enough (in connection to Remy supposedly knocking Newcastle back to take £80k a week at QPR) but to my mind agents don't work like that

£75k a week was the asking price last week and from what I heard there are a number of clubs chasing - even if they drop the price I would think that someone will bite before we do

To my mind, the only chance for us to sign him would be late in the window if other clubs spend up on other targets. That or another poor performance from us may loosen RL wallet (but I'm not banking on it - the wallet loosening not the poor perfromance)

Edited by VillaCas

93 - Arsenal least goals (40) 10th; Middlesbrough most goals (75) 21st ®

94 - Ipswich (35) 19th; Swindon (100) 22nd ®

95 - Crystal Palace (34) 19th ® *4 Teams Relegated finished 4th bottom; Ipswich (93) 22nd ®

96 - Southampton (34) 17th; Bolton (71) 20th ®

97 - Leeds (28) 11th; Middlesbrough (60) 19th ® ** Deducted 3 points would have stayed up otherwise

98 - Wimbledon (34) 15th; Barnsley (82) 19th ®

99 - Notts Forest (35) & (69) 20th ®

00 - Watford (35) & (77) 20th ®

01 - Bradford (30) & (70) 20th ®

02 - Sunderland (29) 17th; Ipswich & Leicester (64) 18th & 20th ®

03 - Sunderland (21) 20th ®; WBA & Sunderland (65) 19th & 20th ®

04 - Wolves (38) 20th ®; Leeds (79) 19th ®

05 - Blackburn (32) 15th; Norwich (77) 19th ®

06 - Sunderland (26) & (69) 20th ®

07 - Man City & Watford (29) 14th & 20th ®; Fulham & Charlton (60) 16th & 19th ®

08 - Derby (20) & (89) 20th ®

09 - Middlesbrough (28) 19th R; WBA (67) 20th ®

10 - Wolves (32) 15th; Blackburn (82) 18th ®

11 - Birmingham (37) 18th ®; Blackpool (78) 19th ®

12 - Stoke (36) 14th; Wolves (82) 20th

Therefore Fulham are the only team to stay up having more goals against than anyone although it was joint with Charlton who were indeed relegated.

Does anybody have any spare time towards the end of this week? I suggest a good sized group of us split in 2 with half going to Bodymoor Heath and the other half go to Villa Park. There is only so many places Randy's wallet can be so if we all pull together and search both sites we should be able to find it before the end of the transfer window.

We're going down.

Deal with it.

Embrace it

Look forward to a positive goal difference and a League Championship chase.

No point getting all daft and weepy about it.

Not an easy league to get out of, its not certain we would be that good

Edited by mikeyp102

Does anybody have any spare time towards the end of this week? I suggest a good sized group of us split in 2 with half going to Bodymoor Heath and the other half go to Villa Park. There is only so many places Randy's wallet can be so if we all pull together and search both sites we should be able to find it before the end of the transfer window.

How many people are we talking... :detect:

• Like 1