January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I'd love to see him in, but im sure with that money we could probably buy someone more experienced? ;)

Indeed, we could probably get Douglas for that kind of money... Just a CB, CDM and a AM would do us the world of good!! Would love Luis Cavanda to come in as a Lb tho!

for me tbh, I agree joey barton, as he is a talented player and a tenacious midfield fighter, just needs tp start tackling instead of actual fighting, but if you could find a way to keep him cool he'd be an asset.

secondly I'd take reo coker back till the summer on a 6 month contract, may be no better technically but is older and would act as a leader figure to the lads.

and if were not gonna sign bring back and include Warnock, Dunne, Makound and Bent.

A line up like

.....................Guzan.................

Baker..Dunner..Vlaar..Warnock

......Makoun .... Reo Coker........

Agbonlahor..Ireland.. Zogbia....

.....................Bent....................

May not be the most talented team we can field, but in a relagation fight these will keep calm when one or two are put past and keep fighting till the end, and I beleive they would at least save us this season giving lambert another summer to add the finishing touches to his new squad and give the youngsters a release from constant pressure, giving us a younger more expiernced team next season more ready to fight

for me tbh, I agree joey barton, as he is a talented player and a tenacious midfield fighter, just needs tp start tackling instead of actual fighting, but if you could find a way to keep him cool he'd be an asset.

secondly I'd take reo coker back till the summer on a 6 month contract, may be no better technically but is older and would act as a leader figure to the lads.

and if were not gonna sign bring back and include Warnock, Dunne, Makound and Bent.

A line up like

.....................Guzan.................

Baker..Dunner..Vlaar..Warnock

......Makoun .... Reo Coker........

Agbonlahor..Ireland.. Zogbia....

.....................Bent....................

May not be the most talented team we can field, but in a relagation fight these will keep calm when one or two are put past and keep fighting till the end, and I beleive they would at least save us this season giving lambert another summer to add the finishing touches to his new squad and give the youngsters a release from constant pressure, giving us a younger more expiernced team next season more ready to fight

Lambert has already said he won't be bringing Makoun back and i'm not sure why you'd want to play Baker completely out of position when Lowton is more experienced than him :-/

I've seen in a few places that if Everton are to lose Fellaini to Chelsea or someone else, they have Toulouse's Etienne Capoue lined up to replace him. If we were wise at all, we would try and get Capoue. He is 100% what we need. The ultimate CDM really and IMo, way better than Sissoko.

Capoue is estimated at 10m+ (No where near realistic), apparently 10m is Lambert's entire budget.

This would keep us up imo:

Benteke

N'Zogbia Stephens Agbonlahor

Sissoko Westwood

Bennett Sorensen Vlaar Lowton

Guzan

Maybe change Sorensen for either Forren or Dragovic (Depending on who we could get for the best bargain)

Sissoko 3.5m

Stephens 3.5m (3 million was rejected last summer, wasn't it?)

Sorensen 6m?

If Lamberts budget really is around 10m then im sure it wouldn't hurt to request a few extra million from our BILLIONAIRE OWNER! or of course get some dosh for the outcasts Bent & Ireland...

"Liverpool have displaced Sunderland as the 4/1 favourites to sign James Milner this month, with money on his mooted transfer to Sunderland having dried up. Sky Bet have received a small but steady amount of stakes on a switch to Anfield for the Manchester City man"

If we sell the holte end to by him, and everyone puts in £2 (*40,000!!) a week for his wages, he can sort our midfield out again.....

come on jimmy you know it makes sense.. and if we sort it in time you could even come back to wembley with us.....

Kendrick saying there's nothing imminent makes me want to burst out of a 20 story high window...

It may have been a hidden message, he does like to leave clues (I can't c+p Twitter on my phone) but he said something like "nothing imminent on the transfer front, but it usually happens on my day off, and tomorows my day off", mayby something will happen (straws/clutching)

"Liverpool have displaced Sunderland as the 4/1 favourites to sign James Milner this month, with money on his mooted transfer to Sunderland having dried up. Sky Bet have received a small but steady amount of stakes on a switch to Anfield for the Manchester City man"

If we sell the holte end to by him, and everyone puts in £2 (*40,000!!) a week for his wages, he can sort our midfield out again.....

come on jimmy you know it makes sense.. and if we sort it in time you could even come back to wembley with us.....

If only... :(

It may have been a hidden message, he does like to leave clues (I can't c+p Twitter on my phone) but he said something like "nothing imminent on the transfer front, but it usually happens on my day off, and tomorows my day off", mayby something will happen (straws/clutching)

Clutching The Last Straws?

Also, I'd love to see Van Bommel at VP? tall, good at tackling and a leader, very experienced too :)

then I'do go for Timmy Simons (we were linked to him a few years ago). He played with Van Bommel at PSV, now he's at Nurnberg.

also quite old, but still plays every game possible in a season and is still one of the fastest runners in the Bundesliga.

A leader, and great to have in front of your defence as his postioning is excellent.

But he's 35 or something, so no go. Just like Van Bommel

I think

----------------Benteke---------------

Agbonlahor------------------NZogbia

----------Sissoko--Westwood--------

------------------Kvist-----------------

Cavanda---Forren---Vlaar---Lowton

-----------------Guzan-----------------

Keeps us up. Just not sure I see four players coming in. Especially not ones with the quality of Forren, Kvist and Sissoko.