January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I'm not convinced.

If those 2 players leave the replacements won't be on those type of wages.

Exactly, it must surely be obvious that we are trying to avoid paying such sums of money on wages. Thank god, because those that are on the rediculous money are crap.

Edited by Tayls

I have just had a good look at the spreadsheet someone posted a couple of days ago and there is an error on it for the 2010\11 season which has us as spending more than we spent that season which the figures dont add up because that season on the figure stated we sold more than we sold.

If the fees stated are anywhere near correct we have spent less than we have brought in since MON left.

www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/aston-villa-transfers.html

I dont rate Palacios.

If Palacios is as good as you all say he is, then why does Whelan start every game ahead of him for stoke?

Lambert if your reading this, PLEASE buy either of these defensive mids: Tomas Pina-Mallorca, Iborra-Levante, Nemanja Matic-Benfica, Camacho-Malaga, Xhaka-Borrussia M'gladbach.

Thanks Paul :thumb:

I dont rate Palacios.

If Palacios is as good as you all say he is, then why does Whelan start every game ahead of him for stoke?

Personal problems, combined with the fact whelan is a better prop in there hoofball rugby team. Palacios is decent player if played correctly. Asking someone to play football in a stoke team would be like asking me to enter miss world

• Like 1

ah yes, the reluctance to pay £500k, and how in turn its cost us alot more since, £500k could of saved millions

but wasnt it also ferguson who had something to do with it as well like he said keane isnt worth the extra £500k?

I dont rate Palacios.

I'm not saying Palacios is great, that's why I only want him on loan until the end of the season. All I'm saying is he's better than the options we have in midfield at this moment in time.

ah yes, the reluctance to pay £500k, and how in turn its cost us alot more since, £500k could of saved millions

but wasnt it also ferguson who had something to do with it as well like he said keane isnt worth the extra £500k?

Yeah mind something from old red nose, Keane wouldn't get on utd reserves or something along those lines

Yes Lerner says he isn't paying the wages for other teams players which is fair enough. I took this as a positive, I.e. he is prepared to spend cash on new signings and were a bigger club than loan signings.

That's fair enough, I must have missed that news coming out of the club :)

Exactly, it must surely be obvious that we are trying to avoid paying such sums of money on wages. Thank god, because those that are on the rediculous money are crap.

In all fairness mate it doesn't equate that paying players big money means they will be crap. I'd agree we have a few in the squad now who are on big money and haven't earned their corn. However we have recently had the likes of Ash, Milner, Barry, Petrov, Downing, Bent who would all have been on 50k+ a week and have justified that kind of money.

I don't have a problem with us paying any player 50,60,70k a week so long as they justify it and can come in and make the instant impact we need now and neither should the owner have a problem with that. He appointed Lambert and if he believes in him and Lambert identifies players he believes can have a big impact on us then he needs to back him in fees and wages. If he doesn't then we are ****.

Edited by markavfc40

Lambert if your reading this, PLEASE buy either of these defensive mids: Tomas Pina-Mallorca, Iborra-Levante, Nemanja Matic-Benfica, Camacho-Malaga, Xhaka-Borrussia M'gladbach.

Thanks Paul :thumb:

Woohoo. More players with no Premier League experience, just what we need.

Time for a statement of intent. Offer Inter £8m for Sneijder and give him a signing bonus to offset the wage differential.

He wants to come to the PL, Inter want to offload him, he'd be this year's meltdown player.

Issues would be him moving to a relegation threatened team, but these can be alleviated by contract clauses.

Spurs got VdV when not doing so well, if we put enough money forward, we can get Sneijder.