January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Douglas (FC Twente)

Mariga (Inter)

Sissoko (Toulouse)

Gouffran (Bordeaux)

All out of contract at the end of the season, all should be available in January for a fairly low fee allowing the offer of decent wages. Get it done Randy!

..............................Guzan.................................

Lowton...........Vlaar.......Douglas..........Bennett

.............................Mariga.................................

.........Westwood.................Sissoko.................

..Weimann........................................Gouffran..

............................Benteke................................

Edited by stewavfc

We can forget about any big names signing in january for sure...

What kind of quality player wants to sign to a contract with a clause written into it with a potential 50% pay cut involved if we get relegated!

Saying that though it wouldnt suprise me if our astute chairman & CEO have forgot to implement it in the latest contracts!..

Edited by sutherland

Mirror linking Bent with Fulham at £8m. I've heard rumours that he may be off to Fulham. However at £8m, i will be pretty pissed off. Want at least £12m. The guy has pretty much scored 1 in 2 for us and is proven.

Mirror linking Bent with Fulham at £8m. I've heard rumours that he may be off to Fulham. However at £8m, i will be pretty pissed off. Want at least £12m.

Anything less than what we paid for him is taking the piss. He isn't that old and is worth far more than £8m.

Anything less than what we paid for him is taking the piss. He isn't that old and is worth far more than £8m.

If you think anyone will buy Bent for 18m when he's 28 then I think you will be in for a shock.

12m would be lucky

8 is realistic.

We overpaid, unless Bent came here and turned out to be Falcao we were never going to get our money back. Yes he's got a good record but we cant afford to keep him, we're desperate to sell, he's our highest paid player and struggles to make the bench, so he's clearly going to be unhappy and we desperately need the funds to spend on new players.

All those things are not exactly going to push his price up. Think he'll go for £10m unless teams start panic-buying and we get a bidding war on our hands.

I would just like to say, for the benefit of those who think that nobody would touch Bent at a price close to what we paid for him just because he is 28, that Robin van Persie is 29 and he went for well over £20m.

So folks, age is not the barrier here, mindset and having the balls to ask for the right price is.

I would not be surprised if our inadequate money-men allowed our record signing leave for a third of what we paid for him. Let's face it, he's probably our biggest wage earner and getting those kind of players off our books is more important to the top brass these days!

I would just like to say, for the benefit of those who think that nobody would touch Bent at a price close to what we paid for him just because he is 28, that Robin van Persie is 29 and he went for well over £20m.

So folks, age is not the barrier here, mindset and having the balls to ask for the right price is.

I had a feeling that would come up. Bent is no Van Persie no matter how you look at it. Van Persie is a truly special player who will probably make Man UTD win the Premiership. Would Bent do that? Probably not otherwise bigger clubs would be in for him.

Edited by PieFacE