January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I don't know mate? Not sure if he's cup tied even?

don't think he is cup tied in either Capitol or FA cups, looking at the match report of Charlton v Barnsley (Capitol 1 Cup), which they lost, he didn't feature at all so maybe he'll be free to play against Bradford.

Distin is only contracted until the summer at Everton. He can also fill in @ LB. He's not the greatest player in the world, but given he can stand in for 2 of our problem positions, and would cost us next to nothing. I think its feasible. Lets wait and see

Agree, but if he returns to Everton we may get Distin. -

More likely Heitinga if it's any Everton defender. Not saying it will happen but he seems more likely to leave Goodison than Distin.

Edited by Robbie09

More likely Heitinga if it's any Everton defender. Not saying it will happen but he seems to be less in favour than Distin.

Watched Distin in a game the other night. He played pretty well for an old un !

• Like 1

Richard are you ruling these out due to Lambert transfer policy in the summer ? Or have you been told specifically what kind of policy we are looking to have regarding activity this window ?

Id be somewhat disappointed if we wasnt to bring in a couple of slightly older players, who have had a few seasons in the top flight, not necessarily in England, just someone who can give valuable instruction to the younger lads, calming influence, know what to do and when to do things to get the result you need.

Richard are you ruling these out due to Lambert transfer policy in the summer ? Or have you been told specifically what kind of policy we are looking to have regarding activity this window ?

Id be somewhat disappointed if we wasnt to bring in a couple of slightly older players, who have had a few seasons in the top flight, not necessarily in England, just someone who can give valuable instruction to the younger lads, calming influence, know what to do and when to do things to get the result you need.

Jonno, I am just saying no to PLAYERS I would absolutely guarantee we will not be interested in, I'm not making a comment on any transfer policy we may or may not have this January.

While I think the likes of Stephens are good signings for the future I'm not sure they are the sort of players that we can rely on to make sure we stay up.

Westwood, Lowton and at times bennet all show signs of potential but none of them are really performing at a level that's good enough right now. Now I'm 100% positive by the time their villa career finishes everyone will say they were good signings and well worth the money but right now premiership survival is the key.

Happy to sign someone like Stephens but I'd hope it would be balanced out with players who will come and make an immediate impact. I may be wrong and Stephens will be immense from the start but so far only Benteke and to some extent Vlaar are signings that have made a big impact on this team.

I have a feeling that Lambert is going to keep the majority of his signings young I think 26-27 is about as old as he's going to go, for example the rumour catching a little bit of speed on Twitter with Kelvin Leerdam coming here, he's 22. Dale Stephens is 23. I don't think many if any of our signings will be "old" players.