January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Between now and the end of the Summer I'd like;

2 Am's (Eg. Will Hughes & James Henry).

1 Cb (Eg. Harry Maguire, Lewis Dunk, Ryan Bennett).

1 Quality Striker (Eg. Finnbogason, Aubameyang etc).

1 younger striker (Eg. Max Clayton).

1 Gk (Eg. Felix Wiedwald).

1 Dm (Eg. Liam Trotter, Liam Bridcutt).

That seems pretty realistic, maybe not Aubameyang but we shall see i guess

Never heard of a single one of those players, not saying that is a bad thing, never heard of a few of the players we signed in the summer too. Just think we could do with some experienced AMs

Will Hughes Is a good shout

Indeed , his technical ability is awesome in my opinion and I think if we offered Derby a good amount of money and basically said to the lad, come here show everyone how good you are also the fact I think he would be more or less first team for us would help!!

I'd be a fan of bringing in Max Clayton from Crewe maybe Ashley could have a word ;)

It may be stupid but I want Lambert to sign as many youngsters as he can as I think we could go places if we build a team that is good now but has a chance to be truly great. I'm thinking Man Utd here, they started with a very young foundation and grew from there. I know these days it is harder to do that as the second Westwood or Bennett start putting in world class quality performances Man Utd or Man City will be at our door with a cheque for £16 million+, but I think if we can keep some of the players we have then we will do well going forward.

• Like 1

It may be stupid but I want Lambert to sign as many youngsters as he can as I think we could go places if we build a team that is good now but has a chance to be truly great. I'm thinking Man Utd here, they started with a very young foundation and grew from there. I know these days it is harder to do that as the second Westwood or Bennett start putting in world class quality performances Man Utd or Man City will be at our door with a cheque for £16 million+, but I think if we can keep some of the players we have then we will do well going forward.

you are aware that under fergie man utd were the biggest spenging team from the beginning? he purchased a lot of players for alot of money and they were not youth players. man utd did what liverpool did in the 80's and that is to buy up the best couple players from the top division each year.

spurz are the most recent ones who invested in youth, buying up alot of very promising younger players from lower leagues

man utd fielded beckham giggs and scholes and the nevilles but not all from the beginning and they were all home grown rather than purchased

I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert brings in couple a bit older players this time, like 23-27 who are "ready articles" instead of raw talent he brought in summer. He probably went for those youngsters so no one else would get them first as they are clearly very good prospects.

You know what? I'd prefer to wait until the summer. Unless there's someone we need to act quickly on. I think we've got enough emergency cover where it's required until things stabilise and we can more accurately judge where we can improve.

Just in terms of actual numbers, we got in 8 in the summer, and I can see a lot more leaving between now and August, so I wouldn't be surprised to see us get in 12 players between now and then.

You know what? I'd prefer to wait until the summer. Unless there's someone we need to act quickly on. I think we've got enough emergency cover where it's required until things stabilise and we can more accurately judge where we can improve.

Problem is everything is going through Benteke, and for me I don't think we have an alternative if anything was to happen the big man. Bowery is an unknown quantity but I see him as the biggest gamble of all our signings in terms of will he be any good, obviously nothing to lose at that price.

Anyone else thinking QPR might be interested in taking Ireland off our hands in January?

Taarabt is off to the ACoN. Maybe they're not interchangeable, but QPR will be needing somebody in you'd think. Unlikely that any other club would pay his wages.

Fwiw I'd sooner hang on to Ireland if he wasn't taking up wages that could cover four or so of Lambert's genius signings. But he is, so...

lomg term it may make good sense as this team would have had to battle on through as a group, hopefully making the group stronger and more of a complete unit

however when we know dunne is off this summer and time is ticking on ireland, bent and nzog maybe now would be the time to try and snap up the other players lambert was interested in , in the summer.

im still not convinced by bannan, against the poo when he put his head down and got stuck in he was good, but when he is mincing around trying the hollywood pass all the time he just gives the ball away far too cheap and does not try and win it back.

we need a cb either jan or summer, we could do with a leader in the middle, someone respected by the team and able to do a job like andy townsend did and we also need a player who is comfortable out wide and can play in the middle ( without sounding like a broken record... downing comes to mind)

Arkadiusz Milik would be a young prospect that I wouldn't mind us going after. Still playing in Poland but have seen him linked with a few German/English clubs and as touted as being very 'Lewandowski like' which can't be too bad.

Has already signed for Bayer Leverkusen as far as I'm aware.

What is so nice about our young squad finally starting to attract some positive media high profile coverage - following a few standout performances & some of the passing football we're playing leading up to some quality finishes - is that it might just help Paul Lambert & the club attract some talented players esp younger ones that he's after even more, in January.

However for the first time in a long time, I'm not even concerned who we're getting in the January window because after hearing that Lambert has 30 game dossiers on potential signings and watching the likes of Benteke, Ashley Westwood & Mattie Lowton perform in the Premiership week in week out - I think I'm beginning to have the utmost faith in his judgement.

Bring it on!

I see people mention the 30 game dossier on players mentioned a lot.. Don't people think the majority of mangers would get their scouts to watch potential signings over numerous games.. Scouting is not just watching a player perform, but also researching their personality, their behaviour etc... I would be surprised if most managers just signed players on a whim based on a couple of appearances (obviously the signing of balaban aside)