January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I wish bringing in and flogging players was as easy as that list above. 7 in and 8 out? That would mean Lambert/Faulkner/Lerner conducting a deal once every two days.

I can only see us bringing in 3 at the very most and the only ones to go will be Bent to QPR. Lerner will tell Lambert to sell Bent, give him 50% of the money and he will keep the rest. Warnock, Hutton, Dunne and Given will be with us til their contracts expire I'm afraid. No other team would be stupid enough to take those four off us for a transfer fee. Even so I wouldnt expect us to recoup any more than £500,000 for them. Why would anyone pay a fee for a past-it defender, two lower-league fullbacks and an injury-prone keeper who is scared to come off his line?

Indeed but I wouldn't mind that happening over the next 2 windows..... I don't see why people have to just call someone deluded because someone has a different point of view...

(Not Aimed at you R.I.C.O.)

Cos last 2 outings he showed the odd flash of what he's capable of . And he would add width which is something I've advocated we need for ages.

Would he though. I feel like N'Zogbia is largely ineffective out wide. If he gets in the team, I would see it as being more likely as a CAM when we play 4-3-3/4-2-1-3

Mattyp, I think they were just reacting to your Football Manager-style list.

Suppose, I do agree reading it back it does look like that sort of style, we don't have much to go off in the way of links or any plans of where we are strengthening this Jan But I do think those are the kinds of players we will be after over the next few windows to build up a young squad who will play for the shirt.

I wish bringing in and flogging players was as easy as that list above. 7 in and 6 out? That would mean Lambert/Faulkner/Lerner conducting a deal once every two days.

I can only see us bringing in 3 at the very most and the only ones to go will be Bent to QPR. Lerner will tell Lambert to sell Bent, give him 50% of the money and he will keep the rest. Warnock, Hutton, Dunne and Given will be with us til their contracts expire I'm afraid. No other team would be stupid enough to take those four off us for a transfer fee. Even so I wouldnt expect us to recoup any more than £500,000 for any of them. Why would anyone pay a fee for a past-it defender, two lower-league fullbacks and an injury-prone keeper who is scared to come off his line?

A pretty likely scenario, but I'm much more optimistic than you are about RL's spending, especially with DB's wages off the books.

Out's

Bent - 17m

Dunne - 500k

N'zogbia - 6m

Given - 2m

Hutton - 800k

Warnock - Precontract agreement with a loan.

Total:£26.3m

IN's

Liam Trotter - £3m

Dale Stephens - £2m

Max Clayton - £4.5m

Felix Weidwald - £1m

Jelle Vossen - £7m

Wilfred Zaha - £9m

Harry Maguire - £3m

Total - £29.5m

1) No chance we will get 17m for Bent (12m) 2) same with getting 6m for N'Zogbia (4.5m) 3) More chance of us signing Messi than us getting anywhere near the signatures of either Zaha or Vossen :)

Out's

Bent - 17m

Dunne - 500k

N'zogbia - 6m

Given - 2m

Hutton - 800k

Warnock - Precontract agreement with a loan.

Total:£26.3m

IN's

Liam Trotter - £3m

Dale Stephens - £2m

Max Clayton - £4.5m

Felix Weidwald - £1m

Jelle Vossen - £7m

Wilfred Zaha - £9m

Harry Maguire - £3m

Total - £29.5m

1) No chance we will get 17m for Bent (12m) 2) same with getting 6m for N'Zogbia (4.5m) 3) More chance of us signing Messi than us getting anywhere near the signatures of either Zaha or Vossen :)

Fair play with the fees they are up in the air tbh..... on Vossen/Zaha..... we shouldn't sit back and think "oh we can't compete with other clubs to get these players", we should at least try to be honest I can see Zaha happily sitting next to scott sinclair on $ity's bench picking up a happy 45k for doing nothing...

Jaroslav Plasil would be a good signing. We were linked with him in the summer so I think we should try to sign him. He can play all over the pitch. He would slot in well with the midfield alongside Bannan and Westwood. Plus he is vastly experienced.

Jaroslav Plasil would be a good signing. We were linked with him in the summer so I think we should try to sign him. He can play all over the pitch. He would slot in well with the midfield alongside Bannan and Westwood. Plus he is vastly experienced.

'Vastly experienced' isn't good enough for some posters here 'Czechlad.' The player has to be 'experienced quality!' ;)

However i do agree with Plasil who would be an excellent addition to our team.

Sun saying Derek Boetang will decide between us and Fulham in January £2mil move

He looks a good player but I still think we need a goal scoring midfielder. Maybe we'll get him and a high scoring midfielder too.

For me a athletic CM is a must, someone who can protect the defense and drive forward we have nobody who drives forward with the ball. Having a CM/DM capable of that would relieve so much pressure and obviously open up our options attacking. For me, its imperative that we address this concern.

For me a athletic CM is a must, someone who can protect the defense and drive forward we have nobody who drives forward with the ball. Having a CM/DM capable of that would relieve so much pressure and obviously open up our options attacking. For me, its imperative that we address this concern.

The problem is, and I do agree with what you're saying, this magical midfielder that we've been after since the turn of time is pretty bloody rare. Even back during the 'glory' days under Oneill people were saying that we needed a commanding box to box midfielder. There are perhaps one or 2 players in the Premier League who fit this bill, and even teams like Chelsea and Manchester United are lacking in someone who would fit that particular bill.

I agree with Shillz in that it will be very difficult to find this particular midfielder we are after, but two that it would be wise to enquire about (while I do not actually know how realistic) would be one of Toulouse's midfield pair of Sissoko/Capoue. Sissoko is in the final year of his contract and there were rumors that Newcastle wanted to sign a precontract agreement with him, which he can do by January 1. I'd say it'd be worth a shout to try and toss Toulouse a few bones and see if we can't entice him to come here.