• Westwood
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • El Ahmadi (for Ireland 79)
    • Holman (for Weimann 80)
    • Delph (for Bannan 87)

Yes, I really do believe the facts are the only thing that matters. I don;t think fiction really matters does it!

Good one [/sarcasm]

Obviously I meant you really think that the performance doesn't matter? Only the results?

You can't take anything positive from that game?

Yes, I really do believe the facts are the only thing that matters. I don;t think fiction really matters does it!

Does it not matter to see a young, hungry team playing with passion and giving 2 moments of pure joy (even if short lived). It's those moments that matter and why we love the game, right?

• Like 1

load of nonsense in the holte as well with villa fans accusing randoms of being man utd fans and getting them kicked out

we have some moronic fans (like most teams i suppose)

That's because there were loads of Untied in the Holte. Could hear them signing during the minute silence.

Good one [/sarcasm]

Obviously I meant you really think that the performance doesn't matter? Only the results?

You can't take anything positive from that game?

Yes I can take positives from the game, I quite enjoyed it (with the obvious exception of the result). I just hope it wasn't a 'flash in the pan' one off just because it was manure!

clearly a good performance from the lads, we all knew even them how it was going to end, one way or another, manure will win, its in the FA rule book, at least the mank fans will go back to london happy, lol

the lads played really well and thats all we can ask, HOWEVER, that excuse we cant epect every game, with performances like that we need results and 3 points, so they wont be getting off lightly with that one, a performace like that against norwich or fulham, we expect 3 points, full stop

from what i can gather, lowton and stevens made a few errors, they are only kids and you wont win anything with kids, but theyre still a better option than hutton and bennett

our strikers are fantastic, we have a good forward line in bent/gabby/benteke/andi/bowery, im confident, they just need more service

Hard to really fault any of the players tonight. Man UTD are just pricks and have that winning mentality. I expected to get thrashed, but we gave it a good go and i'm pleased with the performance., Need to get the next two games out the way and then start picking up some points.

Does it not matter to see a young, hungry team playing with passion and giving 2 moments of pure joy (even if short lived). It's those moments that matter and why we love the game, right?

It matters at the time. It has no longevity though.

Depressing, as good as the display was.

United fans were a joke, singing about 19 titles during the Petrov applause according to my mate in the north lower,

I sit in k1 and there were a few plastic mancs up there, the season ticket holder in front of me got chucked out for the aggressive way he went about getting one man utd fan chucked out. He was OTT, but had a fair point and it was disappointing to see other villa fans saying he should also then been chucked out, which he then was. Shame for his son who then had to miss the game.

I think a lot of our fans need a reality check. We're a young team progessing slowly, even United were impressed with us today. Which says more than some of our so-called fans.

The future looks certainly brighter after todays game especially.

Looking forward to the next game where we will probs lose but create more awareness of our qualities...the results will come I am certain.

Think I'll put a tenner on Villa finishing in the top 10, we have that potential, for me.

Not many teams will do what we did to Man Utd (play wise).

Staggered by some of the crap on here. United were odds on favourites, we are sitting 4th from bottom, yet we made a real game of it. Very, very positive display against the best team in England. Any doubt about Benteke was completely dispelled today. Wiemann gives us a great option. Westwood in promising, Vlaar is immense.

Unsurprisingly our youngsters ran out of steam and could not cope with the relentless pressure. I feel a lot more positive than I did a few weeks ago and feel we will have a much better time after Christmas. We still need more quality in midfield and ideally need another CB and LFB.

IMHO Clarke doesn't inspire confidence and I do not think KEA or Delph are good enough. That said, there was a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel today!!

Great performance for 60 minutes.

Paul Lambert gave us the pride and the happiness to be part of a team that plays football the way it has to be played. Only a great Man. Utd (that against Villa give always at 100%) and a great bad luck (one own goal and one lucky rebound on their 1st goal) prevented us from picking up points today.

Well done boys in claret and blue you have made the maximum effort.

And happy to see my protected Weimann in the starting XI and scoring twice.

I only seen the highlights - but if we play like that we will chalk up a few more wins. The defence is still a concern, in particular Clark - whilst not howlers - the utd attacker seemed to get the better of him for 2 of the goals. I really would like a new CB in Jan

What is encouraging is there seems to be a plan and a style of play. we seem to know what we are trying to do. Still lots of work to do - but if we are worrying Manu we must be doing something right

Just got back from the watching the game. I live in Spain but had a season ticket since I was twelve before I left when I was 20. I turned up at the bar in my normal jeans, shirt, coat and villa scarf that I had since the Wembley 2000 final (as in my dress sense has never changed) . Started to sit down and enjoy the game and in come and load of cockney, load mouth, skinny jean wearing, low cut top prancing dickheads who pretend they know football while watching the only way is essex.

I sat back and enjoyed my beloved football team dominate for 60 minutes. Eventually they came back but did they celebrate like a villa fan would? Of course not, it's expected. Am so proud of our young villains today and think this is a glimpse of the future under. Give me being a proper villain than a plastic cockney man anyday!! Rant Over

A good performance but at the end of the day we let in 3 goals in the second half at home and lost after being 2-0 up meaning we get 0 points and we are being dragged ever closer to the relegation zone.

With Man City and Arsenal coming up we could find ourselves in the relegation zone and below Reading by the time we play them at the end of the month.

These are the facts and the only thing that matters.

A few weeks ago plenty of us including myself were fully expecting us to be right at the bottom of the table by chrismas or the end of the year anyway. At least today and the last couple of games showed we have more chance of not being there now.

Excellent game, predictable result

Loads of hard work put in but we lack a quality bench and experience

We just need to keep up this level of performance and we will climb the table

We need to be clever in any additions to squad in jan

Finally seen myself on MOTD :)

United's goals were so soft everyone but Vlaar needs to sort themself out

First goal defender was to far away from him

second full back shouldve covered him coming back post

third the ball should of never got that low into the box shouldve been blocked/headed out.

Â