• Westwood
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • El Ahmadi (for Ireland 79)
    • Holman (for Weimann 80)
    • Delph (for Bannan 87)

I wouldn't necessarly blame Clark for the first United goal. We tried to step up and play offside but Stephens was a step behind. I thought Clark got back well and except for the fact that Hernandez miscontrolled the ball Clark would have got a challenge in. Hernandez miscontrolling meant Clark couldn't tackle and gave him the chance to shoot.

Stevens was at fault for the winner, he let Chicharito saunter right in there...he should have been marked out of the game after he scored their first. Still sick to my stomach over the result. So sick of losing to them, so sick of losing to them after leading by 2 goals, so sick of capitulating yet again no matter who the opponent...not protecting leads is like a **** Villa virus.

While the result was disappointing and it was gutting to lose - even if predictable - if we play like that every week at home we will finish quite comfortably.

We have struggled to get scoring opportunities, let alone goals, for about 2 and a half years now, but with this 3-man attack Lambert has set us up with we look threatening and dangerous and capable of a winning score every week.

We just have to get the consistency working. Having a settled back 4 would help two. That left-back area is proving a real achilles heel for us.

Devastated at full time, despite the inevitability of what was to come when they got their first goal. Genuinely felt like crying.

Bloody great performance though and so many positives to take from today.

Benteke, Weimann, Westwood, Bannan, and Ireland all quality. Loving the two lines of 3 we have going on at the moment. Stevens had a decent debut against tough opposition too.

Not a chance we will go down with these kind of performances week in week out. Seems strange to say it seeing as we lost but things are looking up. Bring on Man City.

As soon as their first went in I just knew they'd at least grab a second! Then when they did, there was only ever going to be one winner! It just pisses me off at the amount of silly goals we concede. If teams were ripping us apart with great attacking play then I'd say fair play but that wasn't the case against Utd!

First goal = Stevens was too deep when we tried to play offside but at the same time Clark's positioning was poor then he didn't do enough to stop Hernandez. I've seen the replay and he had two chances to get a foot in but he didn't!

Second goal = Bannan totally fluffing it when all he had to do was smash it clear then Utd go on to get a lucky deflection.

Third goal = Stupid free kick to give away by El Ahmadi then once again we are let down by schoolboy defending at set pieces.

There are definitely positives to be taken from the game but it doesn't matter if you're playing Man Utd or Mansfield, if you are 2-0 up at home you shouldn't lose the game!

great performance just a shame about the result,thought the first goal was lucky got tangeld in his feet then he digs it out and it goes in.Second goal im sure benteke won a ball and had a free kick given against him to which they went up our end and they got anouther bit of luck as the ball was never going in!Third goal was bad marking and we gave away a daft free kick which im not too sure was one anyway.As its been said we were up for it and had a go which is all we ask for from the lads so keep it up weve got a long way to go but think about how many young lads weve got in there,they WILL get better with time lets give it them

Vila Till I Die ;)

Yeah well I guess that serves me right for goading the Man United fan sat right behind me in the middle of the Trinity when our second went in.

Overall I don't think anyone had a bad game, not anyone in a claret and blue shirt anyhow. Man United looked weak at the back and we could have well gone into a 3 or 4 goal lead before the comeback kicked in.

I know there's been lots of "if we play like that every week" comments but erm... why HAVEN'T we been playing like that every week?!

Stevens was at fault for the winner, he let Chicharito saunter right in there...he should have been marked out of the game after he scored their first. Still sick to my stomach over the result. So sick of losing to them, so sick of losing to them after leading by 2 goals, so sick of capitulating yet again no matter who the opponent...not protecting leads is like a **** Villa virus.

The problem with that, is who was meant to be picking up a player on a hat-trick? If is was Stevens then he was not equipped for the job. Who in their right mind would assign their most in-form attacker to a player making his full debut at a set-piece with 3 minutes to go? If Stevens was 'at fault', then someone else was more at fault for allowing him to f**k up in the first place.

I know there's been lots of "if we play like that every week" comments but erm... why HAVEN'T we been playing like that every week?!

Erm because we are only 10 games in with a new manager and half a new team? As they continue to gel as a unit and Lambert continues to get his ideas across the performances will keep getting better and more consistent. The team as it was last night would beat our team from the start of the season handily.

Performances get results that get points? I fail to see how a good performance against man u with a team averaging 23 - considering the turmoil of the last few years - and how things are definitely looking like they are coming together and improving under Paul Lambert is a bad thing.

Villa created many chances today. We are a completely different team to last year. Last year was a nightmare, there is a lot to take as positive at the moment.

Yep if we keep producing good performances with no points we'll be relegated

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. We got nothing from this, just another kick in the teeth at home from those bastards. It hurts more because we could have won.

This x 100

Sadly a predictable result, even at 2-0 up. Naturally disappointed but a great performance from our young team. We may be struggling towards the bottom of the league but I am far more positive than I was last season. If we continue to play like that we will be fine.

Of course the result is disappointing, but I came away from VP yesterday with a whole new belief in what Lambert is doing. Unlike last season I can see us improving as the season goes on.

Let's not forget that United are one of the favourites for the title, one of the best teams in Europe right now, and we gave them a right good game with effectively a team of kids.

UTV!

I hope Lambert realises how effective the 3 attacking options of Weimann, Gabby and Benteke looked, the game yesterday was the first time i've seen something similar to what he had at Norwich, looked dangerous everytime we went forward really.

Yep if we keep producing good performances with no points we'll be relegated

Thankfully we don't play a team of Man United's quality every week so if we keep producing good performances like that we will get plenty of points.

Thought we played very well when we had the ball. We made the most of our chances which is alls you can ask. Very dissapointing result obviously but there are many positives. Don't forget they hit the bar twie so it could have been worse. Think a bit of tatical naivety and luck were all that cost us.

We'll play much worse and win this season.

Suppose that's the difference having a few world class players does for you though! :)

Yeah we lost so we are not going to be exactly happy, but there is soo much to take from a performance like this. Benteke was an absolute beast. His demolition of Chris Smalling for the opening goal reminded me of Jonah Lomu destroying the Underwoods.

What I am most happy about is that we seem to have found a system that works. Things are only going to get better.

Exactly this

Â