• Westwood
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • El Ahmadi (for Ireland 79)
    • Holman (for Weimann 80)
    • Delph (for Bannan 87)

We were absolutely superb until they scored then we went into panic mode and we all know what was going to happen. Still proud of the performances of the youngsters and if we play like we did yesterday against the lower teams we will be fine.

inexperience beat us. The more games we play, the more experienced these players will become. If we can keep that level of performance in future games, improve concentration, belief, stamina and all those things that come with experience, we'll climb up the table, I think we're coming in to good form now. two wins, a draw and a spirited loss are not too bad.

But the important thing is, consistency needs to be there now, we must continue to play how we did against Man U with an improved concentration for the whole game.

lots to take from the game..ron looks like hes settled in the prem now, clarke im still not sure on..the whole team worked hard, highlight was lowton meggin rio,this team will go from strength to strength,i have no fear of ant team at home,we will give ant team problems

Spirited performance and definitely something to build on but it hurts like hell to lose after being 2-0 up. Mind you I could see it coming. A very old friend of mine and a die hard villan, over from Barcelona, came with me to the game. I said to him when we were 2-0 up that I thought we would lose. The blokes in front of us accused me of being pessimistic but as I said I to them I have seen this too many times.

We always struggle to defend leads and against Man U it was always going to be an uphill struggle. In one sense our midfield worked really well but as the game wore on we we overrun and Scholes and Carrick just sat back and protected their back four and sprayed passes to their wide players. As ever we defended deeper and deeper and eventually gave away the sucker free kick on the edge of the area leading to the winner. How the hell can one of the smallest players on the pitch head the winner. Echoes of Arsenal last season.

Expected the worse, and was very please with the way we set about the game in the end. We pushed the best team in the country to their limit, and scared the living crap out of them. We made a lot of top draw players look very ordinary for large parts of the game, and a lot of our young players would have shown most of the country, that contrary to popular opinion in the media, they are good enough.

The result was predicable. 2-0 is always considered a dangerous lead, and add Man Ure's will to win and experience of being in that position and coming back time and time again, I was never completely comfortable. I did wonder even wonder if we'd scored the second goal too soon. I didn't even react when their third went in. It just has an air of inevitability.

We can hold our heads high, despite the loss. Plus I've got to give Man Ure grudging respect, for the way they fight back time after time. Words removed though, the lot of them.

I did not expect a performance like that, There really is something to build on with this team, but we do need points.

Some say if only we could hang on but united are past masters of letting the ball do the work and our lads bless them, run they selves dry. According to the stats our lads covered more ground than them, Hence the tiredness creeping in.

The interesting thing for me was that despite Uniteds big reputation for possesion football and the passing and moving game they play.... It was the Long ball that undone all our hard work... it seems it is still our achilles Heel.

Individual errors are still denying us points.

However, I do see some bright signs and this boy Benteke impresses me more and more every game.

I also think Bent may be a good bargaining tool in January if Weinman can make those runs regularly, loved the way he undone them. Well executed goals.

In fact in terms of quality, I thought our goals were better than theirs.

Yep if we keep producing good performances with no points we'll be relegated

The odds are that more points come from good performances than than bad ones, so by the power of deduction there is more likelyhood of gaining points after a good performance.Manchester United Themselves have learnt this and subsequently win most matches.

We are still in transition from gaining points from poor/mediocre performance, but in terms of dynamics there if no sustainable future in it.... as has been proved.

We are on the right lines with a long way to go, but sometimes you have to take two steps back to take one step forward.

I am convinced this young side will grow and improve and will undoubtedly gain points. The belief, experience and resilience will come and points will come with it.

The odds are that more points come from good performances than than bad ones, so by the power of deduction there is more likelyhood of gaining points after a good performance.Manchester United Themselves have learnt this and subsequently win most matches.

We are still in transition from gaining points from poor/mediocre performance, but in terms of dynamics there if no sustainable future in it.... as has been proved.

We are on the right lines with a long way to go, but sometimes you have to take two steps back to take one step forward.

I am convinced this young side will grow and improve and will undoubtedly gain points. The belief, experience and resilience will come and points will come with it.

Ps A sustained approach in to the transfer market is also required to help the young lads keep their belief.

To the fans that can't see anything beyond a result.

I will say this.... Bad luck

To the fans that can read a game and aprreciate performances , I say this.... You must be feeling good after that.

Good Luck ( for the future)

Ps Yes I wanted to win too, but I want us to improve even more and I think we are.

To the fans that can't see anything beyond a result.

I will say this.... Bad luck

To the fans that can read a game and appreciate performances , I say this.... You must be feeling good after that.

Good Luck ( for the future)

Ps Yes I wanted to win too, but I want us to improve even more and I think we are.

Spirited performance and definitely something to build on but it hurts like hell to lose after being 2-0 up. Mind you I could see it coming. A very old friend of mine and a die hard villan, over from Barcelona, came with me to the game. I said to him when we were 2-0 up that I thought we would lose. The blokes in front of us accused me of being pessimistic but as I said I to them I have seen this too many times.

We always struggle to defend leads and against Man U it was always going to be an uphill struggle. In one sense our midfield worked really well but as the game wore on we we overrun and Scholes and Carrick just sat back and protected their back four and sprayed passes to their wide players. As ever we defended deeper and deeper and eventually gave away the sucker free kick on the edge of the area leading to the winner. How the hell can one of the smallest players on the pitch head the winner. Echoes of Arsenal last season.

Harry, after their first goal, I knew what was coming just like the van Nistlerooy game.

Scoring goals is one thing controlling a game is another.... we will always struggle against Untited until we have players particularly midfield who can keep hold of the ball and display ball control that can help see a game out.... but also they were long balls that undone us.

We have a way to go but its looking like we are on the way.

I think every villa fan knew that United would win, it just hurts the way they did!

I think we lack leadership on the pitch. There's no one in the middle of the park at 2-0 up to get hold of the ball and take control. I know it's a young team etc so hopefully Lambert can sort this. Just gutted as he goals they scored were poor, if RVPs shot off the bar had won it then fair play but we shot ourselves in the foot. Shane the fixtures don't really get any easier, we just need to play like this against the teams around us!

My main concern now is this:

Good performance , we as fans were 75 percent sure we would still lose despite being 2-0 up at home. But I cant see us giving a repeat performance at the Etihad, a defeat there and then against Arsenal will be a morale killer going into the Reading game which again will be must win.

Yes we did conjure up a decent showing against arguably the best side in the league but if we could of held on for even a point it would of done so much for the side. But the manner of the defeat and nil points hurts, and I dont know if we can come up with something similar saturday.

So anxious now to get points on the board because I donr know if this young side have the bottle to scrap when we really need it. Only time will tell. Gotta keep the faith

How many times this season have we produced a performance like we did against manure?

I just hope it wasn't a 'flash in the pan' performance against the 'big boys' like what happens in the cups when a lower league team plays a higher league team and they play out of their skin for one game but are poor for the remainder of the season.

Defensively, we did pretty good until their first opportunist goal, then it all became a bit disjointed. Not a major criticism, but something they need to work harder atbecause they're young and eager to learn. Guzan was never at fault for any of them and Vlaar and Lowton are certainly growing in stature, but Stevens was nervy and the juries still out on Clark.

In midfield, we started erratically, then once one or two tackles went in I thought we matched them for effort, if not ability. Ireland, in particular, was crucial and he did a complete number on Scholes. Bannan was ok, but he can be better than that. Westwoods a work in progress so its not fair to judge yet.

Up front we looked dangerous. Gabby worked hard and Weimann took his chances well, but for me Benteke stood out like a bright light. He's a total beast! Great hold-up play. passing and willingness to chase speculative balls.....and he'll definitely score more than his fair share. In fact, he's giving us everything that DB9 does'nt, which may see the latter be offloaded in the January sales.

Great game overall, but you never take your foot off the gas against United. You know that if they sneak one, then they up the tempo and force you into errors, but we don't have anything to be ashamed of with our display......that was'nt vintage Villa, but for two thirds of the game it certainly felt like the good times were back. Who knows, maybe they're a coming.

Annoying when people say that was a great performance.... We freaking lost!

It's even worse the fact we managed to score two goals and then still throw it all away.... That's not good at all! Especially when we are where we are.

Pathetic performance overall. All we have got from that is an even worse goal difference. Yippee.

Brother.... i understand but like it or not, were talking about losing to Manure... not Charlton

A heartbreaking loss, but at least the players gave their all. A mistake here and there and that'll cost you against united. I think we'd beat any other team that day. And I also think it's in the players heads. They know we haven't beaten united at home for 17 years in the league.

All I hope for now is the players to hold their heads high and go into next game still full of confidence that they can beat anybody on their day. Well, anybody but the plastic scums.

Â