The Future of Europe

maqroll

Only on VT can someone express a view that is ill informed and highly offensive and the argument turns to pedantics over the correct word

Go visit the Muslim world RV , they don't have 2 heads and they aren't trying to take over the world...

You seem to be confusing the views of a few extremists as policy that would be like saying the KKK are the view of Christians the world over

Yeah there are areas of Islam that are from the Stone Age and also hypercritical but again they don't corner the market in that regard either

Nearly a like from me Tony, except for the opener, which to me should have read 'is ill informed and *appears* highly offensive'

The OP is someone who holds a generally amiable stance across his contributions to VT and has alluded to his not being the most educated person in the past, yet he remains a colourful and worthwhile contributor.

By delving into such off topic threads RV demonstrates a desire to contribute and learn, and there are plenty of perhaps better educated political contributors of all areas of the political spectrum on here that can assist him, and the many of us who are prepared to listen and learn, in forming and refining our own views.

These were my thoughts. I love RV. He just appears misguided at times but definitely shows a willingness to learn. So much more refreshing than people who are so stuck in their ways, that they don't even consider another viewpoint.

• Like 1

Only on VT can someone express a view that is ill informed and highly offensive and the argument turns to pedantics over the correct word

Go visit the Muslim world RV , they don't have 2 heads and they aren't trying to take over the world...

You seem to be confusing the views of a few extremists as policy that would be like saying the KKK are the view of Christians the world over

Yeah there are areas of Islam that are from the Stone Age and also hypercritical but again they don't corner the market in that regard either

Nearly a like from me Tony, except for the opener, which to me should have read 'is ill informed and *appears* highly offensive'

The OP is someone who holds a generally amiable stance across his contributions to VT and has alluded to his not being the most educated person in the past, yet he remains a colourful and worthwhile contributor.

By delving into such off topic threads RV demonstrates a desire to contribute and learn, and there are plenty of perhaps better educated political contributors of all areas of the political spectrum on here that can assist him, and the many of us who are prepared to listen and learn, in forming and refining our own views.

Well said. I've learned a ton reading this forum over the years. It's one of the reasons I keep coming back!

• Like 4

I think it has everything to do with immigration here, but obviously the EU provides the gateway to the biggest influx. The Sun and the Heil have been harping on about the Bulgarians and Romanians for a long time now and the masses take it all in and get into a needless frenzy. They think these people are coming to destroy the country and claim free mansions.

When in fact there are less Bulgarians and Romanians in the country now than there were before the "floodgates opened".

Please provide an accurate source that backs up this claim.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_361188.pdf

4000 less Romanians and Bulgarians working in the UK since employment restrictions were ended. 

Edited by Danwichmann
  • Like 1

So who's got the drugs what's going on here are we getting high and circle jerkin' or what?

I will if you are

Hardly a circle though is it............................ B)

So who's got the drugs what's going on here are we getting high and circle jerkin' or what?

I will if you are

Hardly a circle though is it............................ B)

You've only got to ask ;)

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171778_361188.pdf

4000 less Romanians and Bulgarians working in the UK since employment restrictions were ended. 

Wouldn't the staple bigoted response to that be that they're on the ponce rather than working?

That's something I find confusing about this immigration thing.  They're either taking all our jobs or hijacking our benefit system.  Surely they can't be doing both?

• Like 1

Â