League cup quarter final

John

Hi guys - new here, put a post on the welcome forum.

Decent draw I think. We're going to have to improve anyway and this represents a bit of a challenge. Makes it more difficult that we're away again. At this stage it's just a welcome distraction really, if we get to the Semis then it becomes serious. Unfortunately that's when we're likely to be completely dismantled by Chelsea or Arsenal. But hey, we deserve to be here. 3 games 10 goals, been to the favourites and dumped them out. We'll see what happens. Right now the focus has to be on winning league games.

• Like 1

got a great chance here and it's the QF's now, you can't hope to get a league 2 team because it's a miracle they've even made it this far. i think we have a great chance of getting into a final this year now with our draw so the players just need to motivate themselves and pull together. we are not worse than Norwich

This from a post I made on the Swindon After Match thread :-

"In previous times Paul Lambert just didn't do cups. Placed no importance whatsoever on them and sometimes the Norwich team would seem totally demotivated and disinterested. Some fans were in favour of this in order to concentrate fully on the league. So I don't know what his policy is at Villa but surely tonights win is a good morale booster. My own view is that silverware, no matter what shape it is, is important to a club.

I fancy that Norwich just may well do the biz tomorrow night against Spurs and would certainly look forward to a cup tie between Villa and Norwich, hopefully at Wembley! "

Well, Norwich DID do the biz against Spurs who fielded a stronger side than Norwich with Bale, Dempsey and Co. in the side. The final 15 mins more than made up for a rather tedious to watch match until Norwich went a goal behind and decided they really wanted to win it - Chrissie Houghton is now making his mark and the players are starting to gel and grow in confidence - Houghton is winning his doubters over, big time.

The Norwich fans really wanted Leeds but are delighted to have drawn Villa at home - The canaries are improving all the time and by mid December I expect them to be clear of the relegation battle and fancy them strongly to prove just too much for Villa and will progress onto the semi's

Now the emotive dust regarding Lamberts departure is settling I think Norwich fans are starting to think they've come out of it better off

Welcome TJ.

Chelsea is really the only team left that scared the bejesus out of me. The rest we have a decent shot at beating.

Positivity - I like it. I expect the omnipresent doom-mongers will be predicting a dour loss but I want to be positive. I reckon we could nick this one by a goal.

Â