• Delph
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Lichaj (for Agbonlahor 54)
    • Bent (for Benteke 69)
    • Weimann (for Holman 76)

The real frustrating thing is that after the red card we'd actually stood up well to the pressure, defensively. Guzan had made saves on the (relatively few) occasions they got shots on target. Yes, they had a couple of one-on-ones where they were favourite to score, but generally I think Vlaar and Herd did well with what was thrown at them. And when Holt's chance was saved I thought maybe that was their one big chance, but goal came right after.

The goal was essentially 4 mistakes, preventing any one of which could have stopped it:

1) Albrighton gave the ball away cheaply trying to break, when we really needed to hold on and slow it down, they won the corner from this

2) Nobody closed down the short corner.

3) Lichaj (?) failed to beat Turner to the cross

4) Nobody stationed on the back post

Overall midfield & possession is the problem, for sure. Hard to see an answer because whatever combo we pick from the players we have seems to be lacking something.

Norwich only really battered us when we were down to 10 men. They have had more possession at times, but they were incredibly wasteful. They only had one more shot on target than us. Defensively, considering Herd was a makeshift defender, we did very well, one lapse and they scored. No excuses for the poor way we started the game though.

I think KEA and Delph are the problem. Neither of them are playing poorly but they are nothing doing the same role of sitting deep and supposedly playing the ball forward. We need one of them to get forward not just I between midfield and forward but beyond the strikers at times.

I dont want to see Lichaj in a villa shirt again. Probably Albrighton in the same boat too.

Id rather see Warnock at left back. Bennett and Lichaj are total liabilities, even more so than Warnock.

It's not as bad as some make out.

The game against Swansea showed that we can play well.

Benteke is a very good signing and so are Vlaar and Lowton. Lambert's success rate with signings is actually pretty good on that basis.

We have been unlucky in several games this season and that's affected our momentum and confidence.

Lambert is a good manager. We know this because he got Norwich to 12th in the Premier League two seasons after playing in League 1.

I predict we will win one or two games in November that we're expected to lose.

• Like 1

I know we were down to 10 men but fook me that second half was bad. It was backs to the wall against 'kin Norwich. Gabby went off far too early, Holman and Albrighton were dong nothing, one of them should have gone off for Lichaj. I think Bent and Ireland need to be starting at home, we can't afford to have the few payers we have with any quality sitting on the bench.

I don't think Bennett is that bad, certainly not as people are making out.

Today the problem was our passing was a yard short every time, Albrighton was absolutely dire and looked like a pub player. I'd like to see Gabby given a run on the wing and start Bent and Benteke up front

We looked dire today, really really poor. Last week we missed a goalscorer, this week we lacked a lot of things. Seriously worried about Tuesday night now..

Guzan, Herd, Vlaar, Benteke and Gabby are the only players who didn't have a bad game really. How people can slate Lambert is ridiculous, it was his decision to drop Given and start playing Guzan (MOTM today) and his summer signings are consistently our best players. The players are lacking in confidence so much it's easy to see, we went into panic mode after Bennett stupidly got sent-off and from then on Norwich looked like the only team in the game. It's going to be another long, hard season.

Norwich only really battered us when we were down to 10 men. They have had more possession at times, but they were incredibly wasteful.

They were much much the better side in the first half. Should have been two up (Vlaar penalty and Hoolahan sitter) before we scored. They were a poor side but still much better at keeping the ball and looked more threatening than us.

I thought we were awful today and fully deserved to lose the game. To be that inept at home to a shite Norwich team was very, very worrying. Guzan kept us in it and beneteke was awkward and a handful for the norwich defenders. Other than that our side was dismal. Bennett was especially bad and albirghton wasn't much better. What Gabby offers is beyond me, a striker who runs around and is no goalscoring threat whatsoever. If we don't improve we'll be in the relegation zone by January. Hopefully Clark/Dunne/Baker coming back will solidify us at the back and we can start keeping a few clean sheets cos we sure as hell don't look like scoring.

Â