• Delph
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Lichaj (for Agbonlahor 54)
    • Bent (for Benteke 69)
    • Weimann (for Holman 76)

Posting this before reading anyone elses thoughts, just got back.

Guzan - 9 - only beaten by a fluke

Bennett - 5 - daft sending off but ref was a word removed

Lowton - 7

Herd - 7

Vlaar - 8

KEA - 5

Delph - 5

Holman - 7

Albrighton - 2

Benteke - 7

gabby - 5

Subs

Lichaj - 6

Bent - 4

Weimann - 4

It's not as bad as some make out.

The game against Swansea showed that we can play well.

Benteke is a very good signing and so are Vlaar and Lowton. Lambert's success rate with signings is actually pretty good on that basis.

We have been unlucky in several games this season and that's affected our momentum and confidence.

Lambert is a good manager. We know this because he got Norwich to 12th in the Premier League two seasons after playing in League 1.

I predict we will win one or two games in November that we're expected to lose.

How long will we live off the swansea game?

Albrighton was horrendously shit and has been since coming back from injury.

Delph? Out of his depth.

KEA gives the ball away far too much.

Our midfield needs sorting in January or we're bolloxed

Outplayed again today (even when we had 11 men). Fed up of watching us play home games like we are the away team. One day it would be nice to see us dominate games at VP like we should do.

Our worst run of wins since 1969 according to SSN and our worst start to a PL season. A dramatic change in fortune is required if we are to avoid another relegation threatened season.

Just think the fun has been sucked out of this club, been predictably dull for most of the past 3 seasons and every now and then we get a total shocker. Today was what I half expect most of the time now, really poor with honourable exceptions (Guzan, thank goodness nobody came in for him during the summer)

My DVR farted and erased 10 minutes of the game and I missed their goal and the sending off. Judging by Guzan's MOTM votes, he saved a penalty?

Anyway, what I did see was total shit

Bent and Benteke need to form a partnership, and there is no good reason for keeping Bent on the bench, just makes no sense. And then to sub Benteke FOR Bent...it's like a wasted substitution.

To bring on Lichaj for Gabby 5 minutes into the second half is diabolical...I knew we'd let them back in it right then. That's a move to be made 25 minutes later.

Holman-Delph-KEA-Albrighton has got to be the most lightweight midfield in all of top flight football. I'm afraid KEA is not good enough, and Delph seems to always run sideways.

The most disturbing thing is we came out and just started hoofing it...

I'm becoming disillusioned with Lambert..this has been a horror month for Villa.

Poor performance. I turned to my mate on 85 mins and said you know it is getting desperate when you would take a draw at home to Norwich because it looked a matter of time before they would stick a couple past us.

Guzan was excellent, thank **** we re-signed him.

Vlaar good, Herd decent in an unfamiliar position, Benteke that is the kind of performance we are looking for. Everyone else poor.

Bent needs to start it is painfully obvious. Get him and Benteke up top against Swindon and hopefully they can get a goal each and some confidence.

.....And then to sub Benteke FOR Bent...it's like a wasted substitution.

To bring on Lichaj for Gabby 5 minutes into the second half is diabolical...I knew we'd let them back in it right then. That's a move to be made 25 minutes later.....

Gabby off was a direct response to the sending off and Bent on was becasue Benteke was f--ked by then. What would you have done?

I didn't think we were that bad up until the sending off. Had we had a fair referee I actually think we would've won today, although we were dreadful from the moment Bennett got sent off.

Dowd is really starting to piss me off though. Ok we weren't great today but every **** time he referees our games he **** us over. Apart from the sending off he was constantly stopping the game for "fouls" that we'd committed yet let Norwich bully us off the park. Should be banned from refereeing us the fat word removed.

On a slightly different note, I can't Vlaar gets slated so much on here. He's a really good defender.

At work so recorded the game. Just watched it. My Word - so poor. 11 men, 10 men - abysmal. Truly abysmal. As usual

Guzan and Benteke aside - the rest were awful.

Defenders - My god, is it that hard to kick the ball past the first norwich player? Not to mention the tool on the left, and the ridiculous shoves they kept doing.

Midfield - Just Rubbish. The two in cm, jesus - never seen anything so bad.

Attackers - Gabby continues to be a force to be reckoned with and Dazza Bent shows exactly how limited he is - Did we touch the ball when he came on at all. At least Benteke offered an outlet. Awful substitution from Lambert.

Very poor - usual a positive villa talker but on that evidence - We will go down.

Â