• Delph
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Lichaj (for Agbonlahor 54)
    • Bent (for Benteke 69)
    • Weimann (for Holman 76)

I would hope after that, Randy's trigger finger is really starting to itch. I will say it again. We are going down unless massive funding is made available in January and a certain Harry Redknapp to use it. The whole experiment with Lambert has failed! Third wrong choice Lerner.

One plus was Benteke and yes i nearly choked writing that!

Our inability to keep the ball in the team cost us.

Some examples: One of the great saves from Guzan - Vlaar played a poor pass straight to a Norwich player, they attacked and got a chance.

Their goal came after a corner. What lead to the corner was when we counter attacked and Albrighton played the ball straight to a Norwich player and they attacked and had a chance that Vlaar had to make a last ditch clearance to make a corner.

The list is almost endless. Vlaar, Bennett, Delph, Albrighton, El Ahmadi. All made stupid passes straight to Norwich players. Made it difficult to control the game.

No vote for MOTM?

Obviously Guzan. Saved us a point. Bennett continued to show he's not up to playing in the premiership. I would take the opportunity to bed Lichaj in on the right.

Luckily for us, Norwich were incapable of converting their almost total domination into a win. Thanks for destroying our squad, Lerner.

I would hope after that Randy's trigger finger is really starting to itch. I will say it again. We are going down unless massive funding is made available in January and a certain Harry Redknapp to use it. The whole experiment with Lambert has failed! Third wrong choice Lerner.

Well the majority of Villa fans wanted Lambert in. It's easy to slag off the owner in hindsight, shows the fans know **** all really.

We do need to spend though. Defensively aside from Vlaar looks awful. There's no creativity in midfield when Ireland doesn't play, there's no real good wide play. Just **** depressing.

My overreaction: we are very lucky to get a point from this. Obviously a red card changes the game, but we were horrible before the red card as well, and our horribleness clearly got more visible.

What, you can't pass the ball to a guy on your team if you play with 9 teammates and not 10?!

This broken sh*it will take time to fix :(

I would hope after that, Randy's trigger finger is really starting to itch. I will say it again. We are going down unless massive funding is made available in January and a certain Harry Redknapp to use it. The whole experiment with Lambert has failed! Third wrong choice Lerner.

One plus was Benteke and yes i nearly choked writing that!

I nearly choked reading your post. Harry Redknapp? Lambert failed? I understand we have been poor but you simply can not come to that conclusion after 9 games.

Once again it's an individual error which costs us. This is what happens when you have so much inexperience.

Guzan and Vlaar were excellent, Benteke did really well, Herd was okay as a centre back but I hope we get Baker or Clark back soon!

Bennett cost us 2 points sadly. He must learn from these things.

First half I thought we did OK, but it was scrappy and we didn't really outshine Norwich. Red card then gave us absolutely no chance of getting forward. Benteke for Bent was also a bad decision, Bent had no ability to hold up the ball whereas Benteke was doing that very well.

35 minute training session of attack vs defence then. On that basis, we did very well to only concede 1.

Lambert's only had 9 games. He's still trying to integrate his signings with a group of players of mixed abilities, confidence and experience. This is by no means fun, but you can't really call his resignation after a season of McLeish. Far too many overreactions. We were playing a team in confidence who'd beaten Arsenal and us who were lacking, that was clear. Once we scored we did look much better. However, the sending off turned the game in Norwich's favour.

Before November, I'm already resigned to a relegation scrap which we will be lucky to survive. This is a championship group of players who would struggle to get automatic promotion. El Ahmadi and Vlaar's distribution at times was awful and better players would have really punished us for it. Benteke up front with ten men = managing the situation, the instant he was replaced by Bent we were under constant pressure and it was only a matter of time before we caved in. I can fully understand Benteke starting because the creativity through midfield was nearly non-existant so at least he provides a target unlike Bent. The organisation of defending the flanks was poor and actually a point was the best we could have hoped for after going down to ten men. I dislike Phil Dowd with a passion but in reality we shoul have been down to nine.

MOM Guzan followed by Benteke and for a stand in Herd did well.

No vote for MOTM?

Can't argue with Sky's choice of Hoolahan, I thought he was excellent today.

Oh, it has to be a Villa player? Probably Guzan then. I wish we had Hoolahan though; tricky, good on the ball, good passer.. he has alot more quality than anyone else in our midfield.

Â